getto brake job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 80 was needing brakes and it was time for me to do them, so like any good cheap ass I had gotten everything over the last few years (yes had the pads for years) but the front calipers as they were in bad shape (sticking)the last time I tossed cheap pads on .
I got some semi loaded fronts from a local parts joint which was a PITA as they were the only ones who had them in stock on Saturday but dont sell over the counter anymore :frown: . I had to have the local NAPA guy get them from one of his customers who had to order them from the non selling to deadbeats like me.

Checked the wheel bearings for play put on the new calipers tossed on my 100 series pads (had 80 on it and I didn't cut the rotors) Pulled the back apart cleaned the slides /pins and greased them as they were sticking too. Installed new pads, looked at the drivers side parking brake since the bell crank is sticking too . Its a lost cause as the Cruiser:princess: likes to use the parking brake and took a few times to work when the weather was bad . Little brake shoes+ a SCed 1fze + 30miles = a bunch little springs that have lost their sprung :whoops:.

Mounted up all my non OEM parts ":eek:"bled the system but I did a real 5 tire rotation (not the patent pending "Junk's toss them to the ground and pickup whatever's close to that hub") style.
On my test drive everything is great no more slight pulling , straight stopping ,good pedal.
When I take it :steer: GWN we'll see how the not cutting anything or replacing the rotors will do .:hillbilly::hillbilly:

I like the idea of using 100 series pads... what is a 'semi loaded fronts'?

Since I have to replace pads/rotors soon, this might be a legit option.

Any pics?

I like the idea of using 100 series pads... what is a 'semi loaded fronts'?
"Semi loaded" calipers have the two pins ,anti raddle clip and the spring that holds the pins in .
"Loaded" have all that plus the pads then you have the "bare" which are just that , bare

Since I have to replace pads/rotors soon, this might be a legit option.

Any pics?
The pads are a little thicker and a little bigger (more sq mm surface area hitting the rotor)
Your not really suppose to slap the pads on without ether cutting the rotors or replacing them ,but I just like to live on the edge .:hillbilly: Plus when you have new rotors you need to loose the shims from behind the pads to make the 100 pads fit

No pixs but pretty straight forward :wrench:job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom