Wheel Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Somebody posted a link for spacers not too long ago, I think it was 89's Rule. I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know what spacers people seem to run? Also, does anyone know what size spacer I need to run the old school 40 wheels over disks on my 62? Thanks.

I dont think you will need a spacer on a 62 but I could be wrong. I think the only thing to look out for is to make sure you have the correct disc brake 40 wheels.

I dont remember what it was, just be really careful and know the risks before you go for them. Guy I bought that 60 series IPOR bumper from flipped his truck b/c a spacer came off. Im nervous to run them but might still eventually.

I dont remember what it was, just be really careful and know the risks before you go for them. Guy I bought that 60 series IPOR bumper from flipped his truck b/c a spacer came off. Im nervous to run them but might still eventually.

Thanks. I've read a bunch of posts about it and hesitate to do so, but I also don't want to drop $400 on a new set. Seems running a decent spacer w/ a little lock-tight and keeping a good check on them seems to work well. Mine is mainly driven around town (not to say bad things can't happen there) and seldom on the highway. I just can't find any used ones for disk brakes!

I ran 1.5" spacers for a while without problems. You just need to used loctite and check them regularly. You probably wont need ones that big though. I've got "disk" 40 steelies on my 60 now, no spacers. Have you tried fitting one yet? I have heard even late drum wheels might fit as long as they are the welded type (versus riveted). Can't verify that for you though. If you test fit one though, you should be able to see what kind of spacer you'll need.

I ran 1.5" spacers for a while without problems. You just need to used loctite and check them regularly. You probably wont need ones that big though. I've got "disk" 40 steelies on my 60 now, no spacers. Have you tried fitting one yet? I have heard even late drum wheels might fit as long as they are the welded type (versus riveted). Can't verify that for you though. If you test fit one though, you should be able to see what kind of spacer you'll need.

I think I'll need them (1"). I bought them from a mud member off his 71 so I'm pretty sure they're riveted. We'll see when I pick them up. Thanks. BTW, I thought yours were 16" splits?

I think I'll need them (1"). I bought them from a mud member off his 71 so I'm pretty sure they're riveted. We'll see when I pick them up. Thanks. BTW, I thought yours were 16" splits?

nope, 15" 40 wheels. I thought about splits, but I decided against them. I am getting a set of solid 16" steelies out of AUS instead.

You should be able to get away with just running 1/4" spacers. Puting a 1/4" worth of washers on 2 of the studs and bolting them down should tell you if that will be sufficient clearance(not to drive around with, just to turn the wheel and check for points of contact on a jack stand). You can pick them up cheap from Summit, or I've heard that you can get them at Pep Boys. I don't know if Pep Boys carries them for sure, but wherever you get them, it should be $20 or so.

You should be able to get away with just running 1/4" spacers. Puting a 1/4" worth of washers on 2 of the studs and bolting them down should tell you if that will be sufficient clearance(not to drive around with, just to turn the wheel and check for points of contact on a jack stand). You can pick them up cheap from Summit, or I've heard that you can get them at Pep Boys. I don't know if Pep Boys carries them for sure, but wherever you get them, it should be $20 or so.

Great, the slimmer the better. Thanks for all the advice.

I ran 1/4 inch spacers on drum brake stock steelies w/ no rubbing on the calipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom