Aisin Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was at the local junk yard, and i stumble upon an old mini truck from the 80's. are the Aisin hubs the same on that truck, as they are on my FJ62?

want an extra set just in case...

I was at the local junk yard, and i stumble upon an old mini truck from the 80's. are the Aisin hubs the same on that truck, as they are on my FJ62?

want an extra set just in case...

Yes they are the same I dont think they changed to the different hubs till late 85'

ill take it apart one day this week. going out there to look again. gonna grab an electric turbo off an old VW bus from the 70's see how that works out.

thanks cam

I do know the gaskets as well as the cap bolts are the same parts on a 1992 minitruck and a 1987 FJ60 as I just got an order from Cruiser Dan for my two rigs.

I was wondering as well if the heavy chrome section of the hub will interchange minus the spline parts.

A quick measurement of the main body eliminates confusion........
warnhub3 (Custom).jpg

sweet, thanks guys for the input. i think i might take them for the parts that interchange, i love those red keys. i already painted mine, but originals would look better, and they're OEM

"electric turbo off an old VW bus": if you don't mind my asking, WTF?

im not exaclty sure what im going to do with it yet. the old turbos on the buses were driven by a switch, no need for oil lines. exhaust manifold, anything. i havent established exactly how it works yet. its research in progress

On the electric turbo, I think you're wrong. The only electric-motor-driven turbos are on big diesels for starting purposes. Chime in here, fellow turbo-heads (been driving 'em for 18 years) & tell me where I'm wrong.

Last edited:
obviously you can see where it is. im still trying to figure out what it is, cause i have no earthly idea. its driven by a switch and an electric motor
westfaliaengine.jpg

That's a fan for the exhaust manifold heat exchangers that provide passenger compartment heat.

The engine is normally-aspirated with dual Webers (Dellortos?) in the back with the big air filters: just follow the throttle linkage through the firewall to the crossbar & rod linkages to the carb bodies.

oh, well then forget that. thanks for clarifying that for me. bout to waste money and work for something that wouldnt even do anything for me.

As I was saying I was curious as to the possibility of hub body interchange.
I pulled out the hubs from my 87 FJ60 and the ones I just switched out off of my 92 Minitruck.
The 60 hubs are on the right and the main stumbling block seems to be the offset to where the spline ring sits from the bottom.
Everything else looks to be the same size.
Bummer.

DSCN3990-vi.jpg

DSCN3991-vi.jpg

DSCN3993-vi.jpg

DSCN3995-vi.jpg

You can run the IFS hubs on your 60 by (as stated earlier in the thread) buying some new hub gears from Longfield. Just let them know you're using the IFS hubs and they'll get you the right one. This is what I'm running and it seems to be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom