1985 FJ60 Carb issue (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for some advice on fixing my Fj60 carb. I believe that it needs a rebuild. Its not terrible yet but it does not respond real well anymore plus it may getting to much gas and I get a bogged down feel whil driving. How do I know which rebuild kit to get? Should I upgrade and get a carb with an electric choke?

Do you have a stock carburetor for the 2F? Where are you located? do you have a US-spec truck or Canadian, or someplace else. In the US there is ony one carb used on the 2F engine for the 60 series land cruiser. From the dealer you can get a "gasket kit" or a "carburetor kit". you should probably get the carburetor kit. However, depending how much experience you have rebuilding carbs, you should consider sending your carb out for a professional rebuild. Search for Jim C or Mark A here on mud. They both have excellent reputations.

I just rebuilt mine using a gasket rebuild kit from CCOT for ~$55. I don't have a whole lot of carb expereince. I have rebuilt a couple of 70s Jap motorcycle carbs, but this AISIN thing is a little more complex than those. Take your time, take pictures, and get an FSM. If you don't already have th FSM, Pm me your e-mail and I can send you the scanned carb pages that 2mbb sent me.

It really increased the performance of my rig. There is just one little problem that I am having with a slightly high idle I can't get to come down. I will be posting on that soon. But don't let that intimmidate yah!!

Good luck

1985 cruiser

To answer a few questions...I live in South Texas. The carb that I have now is stock. I have never had it off, so I am little nervous messing with it. But I think is doable just need the time.

FWIW...

I had mine rebuilt by Jim C...the difference is incredible. he's usually pretty busy, but worth the wait if you can handle it. I actually picked up a used carb for $50 then sent it off to him for a rebuild so I could continue driving my 60.

HTH

I had mine rebuilt by Jim C...the difference is incredible. he's usually pretty busy, but worth the wait if you can handle it. I actually picked up a used carb for $50 then sent it off to him for a rebuild so I could continue driving my 60.

HTH

That to me sounds like the best way to do it.
Post an ad in the wanted section, get a cheap good core and send it to Jim while continuing to drive and sputter daily.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom