Weatherstrip Parts ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks, sold by beloved Pig but ran into another former Pig owner today selling a few 60 series parts. Picked up what I believe may be sought after rear tailgate weatherstrip, maybe not. If not, so be it.

Looking for info, not selling (yet)

1. W/S Tail Gate Wind #65656-90352, approx 2' long
2. I'm not sure if this bag is original but it's labelled Duplex DX-0889 (Brazil) Warshawsky 81-1533 approx 10' long.

Any help is appreciated, TIA!
labelled.jpg
endview.jpg
full.jpg

I'll put my dibs in now!! If you are interested in selling, I'm interested in buying!! That's the body to tailgate weatherstrip that attaches to the body pinchweld if the part number is correct.

I'll put my dibs in now!! If you are interested in selling, I'm interested in buying!! That's the body to tailgate weatherstrip that attaches to the body pinchweld if the part number is correct.

Hi Folks, sold by beloved Pig but ran into another former Pig owner today selling a few 60 series parts. Picked up what I believe may be sought after rear tailgate weatherstrip, maybe not. If not, so be it.

Looking for info, not selling (yet)

1. W/S Tail Gate Wind #65656-90352, approx 2' long
2. I'm not sure if this bag is original but it's labelled Duplex DX-0889 (Brazil) Warshawsky 81-1533 approx 10' long.

Any help is appreciated, TIA!

If you do sell and charles elects not to go for it or YOU JUST PLAIN DISTRUST THOSE GUATAMALAN CANADIANS WITH THEIR TOO BLINKEN PRETTY FJ55'S (WITH PTO) :crybaby: ....i'l get in line for seconds.

But it couldn't go to a better pig owner than Charles. ;)

So I take it these are the tailgate pieces I thought they were?

I believe it's part #12 in this diagram.
138C.gif

Thanks, that's what I thought it was.

How about the small piece?

Thanks, that's what I thought it was.

How about the small piece?

Small Pc?

Thought that was a cross section of the whole. I have seen diagrams where there were two verticals and a base and then a one pc unit. I can see the former as the horizontal would be solid I would think and the verticals cross sectioned like you show for attachment to the TG aperature metal lips.

You should PM n2666s / Lou as he had one and he sent it to SLOCRUISERS for future reproduction.

So much for my attentive literacy. Anyway, I think it would take about 18" in the vertical and roughly 3 feet in the horizontal.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant this small piece - W/S Tail Gate Wind #65656-90352, approx 2' long - is that on the diagram?

Edit: You ae right about pic #2 being the coss section.

I PM'd Lou to see if he can verify these pieces too.

I did go out and look at my tg and the fundamental base (horizontal pc) is still there-sorta. It is dark and cold so, I did not hang around long but it appears (it is in rough condition)that it was quasi square in cross section and not quite solid but close to it...having some 1/4th or 1/8th air space between the 4 walls.

Last edited:
Chris.....been working out of state a lot and cannot access the web for personal stuff at this job site……….am a bit behind keeping up……but it looks like what you have is the verticle piece......the horizontal "bottom" part is solid but I can verify it when I get back later this week...........John at slow cruisers returned my piece in his opinion it would be very expensive to fab as it is a 3 piece unit that is vulcanized/bonded in the corners; HTH
Lou

According to my fiche

p/n 65656-90352 Weatherstrip, Tail Gate Window Glass, RH (Production Dates 6903 - 7611)
p/n 65657 Weatherstrip, Tail Gate, Lower
(Production Dates 6903 - 7109 p/n 65659-90351 and 65659-90352)
(Production Dates 7109 - 7611 p/n 65659-90352)
(Production Dates 7611 - 8007 p/n 65672-90352)
tailgate weatherstrip.jpg

Thanks for that confirmation of p/n 65656-90352 Weatherstrip, Tail Gate Window Glass which is well marked on the package. From what I'm hearing it looks like my 10' long piece is an aftermarket w/s that was going to be used for the tailgate.

Lou, I heard you were working a lot so no problem at all. I'll put these on the shelf for a future investigation.

Ming89FJ62, a shout out to all my old cronies in Palatine.

Dirty Nellies is still around? I frequented it when it opened! I can't remember real accurately, because I hung out there too much ;), but that must have been the early 70's.

I suspect my old buddies grandkids may frequent it now. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom