SD Cruisers Borrego Run APRIL 4TH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Hi All,

I figured I would start this thread now in order to get some dates out there in March for a trail ride out at Borrego Springs. I will go ahead and plan this one out. I think the best trail for everyone out there would be lower/ middle willows in coyote canyon. I have run this 1 million times, but never with a bunch of cruisers. It is really an easy trail, any stock vehicle will be just fine and in fact it will be a little more fun with a stock rig than a built one. There is one water crossing and some good scenery. I hope to have my 40 back together before then but if not I will take the 80. I will attach some pics so people can see the terrain, keep in mind the terrain is much easier now than these pics show, the trail has been all but paved by the local rangers. If we finish this trail early enough we can run a few others afterward. This will be a day trip.

This summer we will get some more challenging trails going. Big Bear (john bull, gold mtn, holcomb?) as well as hopefully a calico trip in the spring.

I know Dom is going to be in south africa or some crazy place banging hot chicks but don't know anyone else's schedules?

Here's a few dates, vote on your pick: 3/21, 3/28, 4/4

I will then figure out which dates works for the most people and repost it in the title.

get to it.

Noah
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

Last edited:
looking forward to it...

Noah, this sounds great. I will forward on a date as soon as I can. I hope we can all get together before this trip, but this sound great. The pics you posted are great, it is unfortunate that you say it is all paved now. Looks fun none-the-less.

:steer:
Elwin
:beer:

Noah,

Sounds good, I am working on a project in Vegas for the next couple of months so I will track this thread.

Tim

Cool man!
Count me in. :steer:
I'll just need to get off my butt and get my Taurus fan swapped in if I wanna get over that little hill :rolleyes: No preference on the date....
Later,
Brian.

Last edited:
I should be open for any of those dates. 3/14-3/15 I'll be busy.
We haven't been through there in a year or two, it will be fun to check it out again.

3/7 wedding(not mine)

(already had one)

3/14 work :rolleyes:

3/21 unknown

3/28 unknown

4/4 unknown

:beer:

I've never wheeled with other Land Cruisers, I'm ready to get started

And I've always wanted to do a water crossing(brother-in-law camps in Coyote Canyon all the time

OK THEN, APRIL 4TH IS THE DATE!!

Put it on your calendar's bitches! Of course, family, kids are welcome. My wife and daughter will probably come along. Make sure you bring some basic tools, plenty of water and some lunch. We will be stopping for lunch somewhere. Keep in mind that there are rangers around there more and more, they don't like dogs off leash. I would also not reccomend drinking on the trail but that being said I am not your mother. A beer at lunch doesn't hurt anyone but I have been out before with asshats drinking all day and that is just not fun. Don't be that asshat. This will be a daytrip, probably meet around 10am in borrego xmas circle and head up coyote canyon, depending on trail traffice people can take off afterwards or head to another run. There is a nice hike at the top of the canyon that we can do if everyone wants (no dogs allowed on this hike - posted signs), it is a cool spring that runs down the canyon and you hike up it.

that's it for now, some more info as we get closer.......

Nice, I better start working on the hall pass now. Just finished a 4" lift this week, so that sounds like a good way to test it out. Going to take it for a shake down run this weekend on a quick light wheeling / camping trip. I'll have to post pics up later, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I wana' see...

Just finished a 4" lift this week, so that sounds like a good way to test it out. Going to take it for a shake down run this weekend on a quick light wheeling / camping trip. I'll have to post pics up later, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Tell us a little more about the lift. I can't wait to see the end product.

Elwin:beer:

Tell us a little more about the lift. I can't wait to see the end product.

The truck already had 33x12.5x15 mud tires on it when I got it from the PO, and I would tear up the wheel wells on the mildest trails, and the old stock shocks were shot. I knew I wanted to go SUA to keep things simple, so I researched for several months while I fixed up other deferred maintenance things (carb rebuild, exhaust manifold gasket, other seals and gaskets, steering knuckle rebuild, etc., etc.) Main debate was whether to go 2.5" or 4". Scoured the board here to research, checked out everyone's rigs at last year's Pismo Surf 'n Turf event, talked with some local guys (big thanks to Dom and Chris). I ended up going with the 4" Safari lift from MAF since it was affordable for a complete kit, seemed to have all the components I would need, and I hadn't really heard any blaring negative feedback on it. I really like the way the truck looks with the lift on now. I'll get pics up and some feedback on the kit after this weekend once I get it "tested."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom