Round head lights on the 62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

do you guys know if the round head lights from the FJ60 can be installed on the FJ62 which comes with the square lights?

Thanks!

Yes, but you have to cut off the headlight buckets from the 62 and weld on the 6o's, and get the valence and doors (the plastic surrounds, as well as the grille). Essentially, you need the front clip from a 60, and you might just as well swap out the entire front clip, including core support. Learn to love the 62's face. I sure did.

But If you just HAVE to do it, it can be done, and many have done it, including Lowtideride.

My HJ60 left, and F(H)J62 right. I like the 62's mug better. Took a while to come to that opinion.
SheilavsTofu.jpg

Last edited:
You will be giving up a lot if you do that. Do a web search on Daniel Stern Lighting and see how you can upgrade your headlights and you will realize that for the cost of modifying your 62 to round headlights, you could upgrade the lights in your 62. Then, if you really want something round, get some round aux lights and mount them to the bumper.

Dear Dog, not this sh*t again.

Don't do it! Embrace the 62!

O > [ ][ ]

do it!

:flipoff2:

rob

I strongly disagree with Sleepy :)

My FJ62 pride comes out. RocDoc will back me up on this as well.

Sorry 62 guys. Just starting trouble. I've almost bought 62's but can't get over over the ugly mug w/ 4 square lights...and auto. It's totally unreasonable, and I'd like FI, but need round headlights...and a stick. hehehe.

so if i got a 62 it would be serious surgery to get stick and headlights. I'm on my 3rd 60, and finally have one worth building up like it should be.

Also - Daniel Stern lighting should be everyone's first upgrade - 60 or 62. I have the Cibie's and they are such an improvement!

I still vote go for it. if you like it and can do it - do it!

rob

Any way you see it, whatever way it comes out, it will look good. We're all 60 series lovers. I want the headlight washers....

Any way you see it, whatever way it comes out, it will look good. We're all 60 series lovers. I want the headlight washers....

exactly. and you can have mine. I pulled them off and am welding up the holes. I want my bumper as close as possible, and get more room in engine bay for cool "stuff".

I even wave at 62's - i should be a politician - Bipartisan like!

hehehe - totally messing with you guys. I love 60 series. I'd love to have front range's 62 - best of both worlds.

Rob

Being a 62 owner I am going to like the squares more, but that aside I think the squares give the Cruiser a more stout look to it.

[] > O
:grinpimp:

-Carl

It's hip to be square. :cool:

I grew up with a four eyed wagon ('78 Pontiac), and have always preferred that look to round lights. It's all personal choice, but I know what mine is.

Oh yah
\/\/\/\/

I thought I likes the round lights and even pondered the swap since I bought the 88 FJ62 on Monday... until i realized how much it would look like my 1985 Isuzu that I owned in the past....No offense to FJ60's but NO THANKS! I'll be keeping my DeLorean-ish square lights!

250px-1st-Isuzu-Trooper-1.jpg

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom