Remflex exhaust gaskets for Toyota diesels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iron_giant

SILVER Star
Threads
I just wanted everyone in this section to know that I am now stocking 2H exhaust gaskets made from Remflex material. They are a flexible graphite gasket that withstands temperatures up to 3000 degrees and fill in any gaps in manifold or head flatness up to 1/16". They are great for those adding turbos as they seal really well and easily withstand any egt's our engines can muster. More info can be found at my website fundaMETALism I am more than happy to answer any questions on MUD as well. I am having some 3B gaskets cut as well but they are a short while out.

David

Post up when you have the 3B ones ready... I know I am looking for some sooner than later....

Great product and a fantastic guy selling them, you make the landcruiser groupe proud.

Thanks David.....

Rob

Great product and a fantastic guy selling them, you make the landcruiser groupe proud.

Thanks David.....

Rob

Now that's flattering coming from you!

According to my EPC, there are at least two exhaust gaskets for the 3B.
The numbers I got are:
80-84 bj40 17172-56020
80-87 bj60 17172-56022

If you can help me confirm this, and which (or both) are in demand, I'll get the first batch done really soon.

thank you much,
David

Better yet, If someone will lend me a sample I'll donate a free gasket (and return your sample)!

What month and year is your bj60? I am assuming this is for your BJ60?

Yes, this is for the BJ60... It is a Nov. 1983 production truck but the engine spun a bearing so the previous owner put in a 3B (w/660,000kms!) from a 1985 model year BJ60. Sorry don't know the production date from the donor truck.... But looks like all '60s are the same according to your EPC.... I am installing a turbo in the near future... I know, I know.. crazy to turbo such a high mileage engine... but I guess I have more confidence knowing there's a spare 3B in the BJ42.....Let me know if you can get a batch made sooner....

Cheers,
Eric

I don't think the exhaust manifolds were different for a 3B in the 40 series and the 3B in the 60 series.

I'm not sure if the BJ40 (which I assume implies has a B and not a 3B) has the same exhaust manifold as the BJ42.

I've seen two different types of aftermarket exhaust manifold gaskets for 3Bs. The primary difference is a metal "bar" that runs between exhaust ports high on the cylinder head. It's present on one design and absent from the other.

Better yet, If someone will lend me a sample I'll donate a free gasket (and return your sample)!

I have these gaskets in hand if they are helpful

17173-58010 - I think this is 13B-T but its thesame pattern as 3B

17173-56040 - This is 14B-T but its the same as the 3BII (blue block) Its a different bolt pattern than earlier 3B

17173-17010 - 1HZ - two pieces.

....I'm not sure if the BJ40 (which I assume implies has a B and not a 3B) has the same exhaust manifold as the BJ42.....

Hi there.

As you may know, I have been running a thread that deals with the interchangeability of parts between the 2977cc B-diesel and 3431cc 3B-diesel.

But what you very likely don't know is that this recent thread by Rob4WD has "thrown a spanner in the works" for that thread of mine:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/257796-1983-bj40-uk.html

Rob's thread is evidence (which was NEW for me) that the BJ40 continued in production probably throughout the production periods for the BJ41, BJ42, BJ43, and BJ44 models. (Unless I've misunderstood something.)

So "interchangeability of parts" seems to be a lot more complicated than I originally thought and extremely dependant on the production year of the engine.

Anyway - this is a 1983 B-engine's exhaust manifold (from Rob's thread):

1983BJ40.jpg

Rob4WD1.jpg

Looks a lot like a 3B manifold to me!

:cheers:

PS. So I've near-enough abandonned that interchangeability thread because it all seems "way too complicated now". But if anyone is interested - this is the link to that "silly" thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...7cc-b-3431cc-3b-parts-interchangeability.html
1983BJ40.jpg
Rob4WD1.jpg

I just wanted everyone in this section to know that I am now stocking 2H exhaust gaskets made from Remflex material. They are a flexible graphite gasket that withstands temperatures up to 3000 degrees and fill in any gaps in manifold or head flatness up to 1/16". They are great for those adding turbos as they seal really well and easily withstand any egt's our engines can muster. More info can be found at my website fundaMETALism I am more than happy to answer any questions on MUD as well. I am having some 3B gaskets cut as well but they are a short while out.

David

Just wondering if the 3B version was out there yet....

Sorry for taking so long to update but I am amidst an epic trip from California to Texas for the Round-up, via Hammers on the way up and Moab on the way back. I am still in Moab and should be back tomorrow or Wednesday and will confirm everything.

Thank you,

David

That is not even a b...I have a bj40 with a b and it has a 2 bolt exhaust outlet and it does not have a oil cooler as in that pic.

Daryl

Hi there.

As you may know, I have been running a thread that deals with the interchangeability of parts between the 2977cc B-diesel and 3431cc 3B-diesel.

But what you very likely don't know is that this recent thread by Rob4WD has "thrown a spanner in the works" for that thread of mine:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/257796-1983-bj40-uk.html

Rob's thread is evidence (which was NEW for me) that the BJ40 continued in production probably throughout the production periods for the BJ41, BJ42, BJ43, and BJ44 models. (Unless I've misunderstood something.)

So "interchangeability of parts" seems to be a lot more complicated than I originally thought and extremely dependant on the production year of the engine.

Anyway - this is a 1983 B-engine's exhaust manifold (from Rob's thread):

View attachment 300415

View attachment 300416

Looks a lot like a 3B manifold to me!

:cheers:

PS. So I've near-enough abandonned that interchangeability thread because it all seems "way too complicated now". But if anyone is interested - this is the link to that "silly" thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...7cc-b-3431cc-3b-parts-interchangeability.html

3B gasket update:

I just got off the phone with the owner of Remflex and they have been swamped lately. He assured me the gaskets would be available by Wednesday next week. I have had gotten more PM's regarding the gasket than the initial order size so here is what I will do:

If you are interested in a 3B gasket, send me a PM to reserve one from the initial order and I will send those out as soon as they come in. I am going to go ahead and order a second batch and will keep those in stock on my website.

Thank you much,
David

saw these at roundup and they are freakin' sweet lookin'!!!

saw these at roundup and they are freakin' sweet lookin'!!!

Hey there Ige,

I didn't think you ventured into these parts much. I am excited to use the 3b gaskets as the others have worked so well. Funny story but the tow rig we drove in out to Texas has a Remflex gasket on one side of it's 7.3L turbo diesel and it wasn't until the owner put the remflex gasket on the one manifold that he noticed the other was leaking as well. Luckily they come in pairs for that engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom