Frustrated LC Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I still have water getting my in rig on to the DS and PS floor. :mad: I've had the windshield replaced twice and the gasket 2 times. The installer has been well aware of the install procedure and had made sure that extra urethane was used for the install. I've read all threads that I could find on this problem. I have also made sure the moon roof drain holes are clean as a whistle. I'm at my wits end with this. :bang: Where else can the water be coming from?

No mention of any work done on the sunroof drains, anything there? Have they been checked / cleaned or the drain location checked lately?

Dan.

No mention of any work done on the sunroof drains, anything there? Have they been checked / cleaned or the drain location checked lately?

Dan.

Cleaned them and ran a wire down through all of the way to the bottom then ran water through them. The water gushed through without a problem.

My sunroof drains were clear when I ran weed-eater string down there, but leaking where the tube clamped to the molded sheet metal. It was running behind the headliner, down the A-pillar and onto the carpet.

I had to take off my sun visor, hand-grip, and a-pillar molding and pull the headliner down to get to it. Once I did that, I braced the headliner open and poured water in the drains from above and quickly saw where it was leaking. I pulled the tube and clamp off, put silicone on the "nipple" and reconnected the tube and clamp. PRESTO....FIXED....

Unless its coming through the floor, there has to be a corresponding wet spot.:meh: Where's the water coming from?:hmm:

I guess pull the carpet back real well, go to the car wash and have some one look up with a flash lite while you spray the crap out of the windsheild area and hope they see some thing. You seem to have got the two most trouble some area covered. good luck

is it from the heater circuit?

Your car would also overheat and run low on radiator fluid, and your carpet would smell funny (like antifreeze).

I recall reading about a gap at the body seams above the front door causing some leaks.
Not sure exactly where though. I'd follow the roof channel above door to see if there's any clear entry for water to enter the interior, esp. the A pillar.

Your car would also overheat and run low on radiator fluid, and your carpet would smell funny (like antifreeze).

I don't think so, I'm not losing any antifreeze and it only happens when it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom