40 & 45 rear spring dimension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How long are 40 & 45 rear springs?
Do they use the same bushing ?
Thanks

Some of the 45 busings vary depending on year, later are larger, what year are you interested in?

No one especific. Thoght they were the same.
Mi idea is to fit them in my 40. I think I'll have to look for the right ones (same bushing diameter).

I also read that 55 rears are 3.5" longer than stock 40's. I'm looking into them also.

I want to put longer springs to improve comfor as my 40 rides like a brick.:bang:

I can't measure mine at the moment, might have the specs somewhere, will post up later if I do.

One thing, FJ45 have more leaves in the rear, well later ones do, probably earlier as well. Big stack of iron, don't think it would help the ride!

I know about the bushings because I was sent the wrong bushes when I got some for my parabolic springs. (Don't ask me how they ride - I haven't got it on the road yet :frown: Mine is a '75.

I can't measure mine at the moment, might have the specs somewhere, will post up later if I do.

One thing, FJ45 have more leaves in the rear, well later ones do, probably earlier as well. Big stack of iron, don't think it would help the ride!

I know about the bushings because I was sent the wrong bushes when I got some for my parabolic springs. (Don't ask me how they ride - I haven't got it on the road yet :frown: Mine is a '75.

Ok thanks, when you have the specs, send them.

I seen them. Maybe 10 leaves..... The idea is to use only two leaves (the master, and the military wrap) and put somo 2-4 more from the ones I have in the 40. Kinda a homemade custom set up. I will add or remove depending in ride comfort,
height and flex.

Here we can buy replacement for a prettty fair value. I go my springs for 300 USD (all four packs) and put them for 15 USD.

springs

I also read that 55 rears are 3.5" longer than stock 40's. I'm looking into them also.

I want to put longer springs to improve comfor as my 40 rides like a brick.:bang:

55 rear springs are longer, but they are getting harder to find so you might be able to find 60 rear springs easier. You will have to use special size bushings to fit 60's into 40 hangers since they are wider than 40's. Not sure of how much difference there is in width between 60 and 40 rear springs. Check SOR for special size bushings and for stock size 40 and 60 bushings for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom