Before and after pics 2004 LX470, 2" lift and tube sliders at Slee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before and after pics 2004 LX470, 2" lift and tube sliders at Slee, Stay with 18?

I just got back from my trip to Golden, CO to visit Slee Offroad. Just thought I would post some comperison pictures for those interested.:D
I can not say enough on how the ride has improved, it feels like I am conected to the road with better feedback. Stock felt like I was floating over the road and bouncing around corners. AHC was removed. Slee did it for me in a day, and what a great shop. It is like Land Cruiser heaven in there. I also got a set of their tube sliders.

:hmm:I now need some new rubber. Do you think I should stay with 18" rims or go to 16" rims both with 33" tires? (285/65r18 or 285/75r16) Better ride? More rock protection?:hmm: I like that black rim look. It looks less Mall Cruiser like.

The first two pics was taken with the AHC in "normal" mode. The second set is with the OME 2" lift, torrision/sway bars, and diff drop.
By the way I have only had the LX for one week and 1200 miles. I absolutely love this truck!
lx470beforandafter 001.jpg
lx470beforandafter 002.jpg

Last edited:
The after pics.
lx470beforandafter 003.jpg
lx470beforandafter 004.jpg

Very nice. I think the paper plates make a real statement in these photos :D

Can't help with the rubber question yet... I have not upgraded my own yet. Good luck though, I am sure you will get lots of feed back on what you should do. :cheers:

oh great, another one of you guys to take the AHC out. SOR is like the Mecca of the LandCruiser religion. Slee, I think I'm going to need to add some more "things" to that list. :banghead:

I'd go with 16"s in black on that truck and black out all the chrome trim, but im bias. Heres a look for an idea how it'd look without chrome. https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/214728-always-bet-black.html

oh great, another one of you guys to take the AHC out. SOR is like the Mecca of the LandCruiser religion. Slee, I think I'm going to need to add some more "things" to that list. :banghead:

I'd go with 16"s in black on that truck and black out all the chrome trim, but im bias. Heres a look for an idea how it'd look without chrome. https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/214728-always-bet-black.html
I like what you have done with your LX. It looks so much better with out the chrome. Is it a flat/matte black? Did you take every thing off the truck to paint it, or just tape it off and paint ot on the car?
I think I like the look of the 16's better (more rubber less metal). But I wonder which way to go for better performance?
By the way YES take out the AHC you will not be disappointed. I no longer feel sea sickness while driving!

All the chrome trim was covered with flat black vinyl, the same stuff I use for all my stickers. Only the L emblem are painted.

Val678 on the forum had his chrome trim painted a matte black, came out really nice.

+1
Black 16's with some aggressive rubber would complete it.. Right now, the 18s with low profil looks like spares.. :)

Search on my name, I posted before and after pics of my LC with stock 18s and then 16s with Toyo MTs on.. It's two different trucks! Since then, I've added about 1.5 inch all around (kept the AHC); it looks very "capable"...

...:hmm: I like that black rim look. It looks less Mall Cruiser like.

How would it be less "Mall Cruiser like"?
I like the stock rim look especially on this one:

2002_small_350.jpg
2002_small_350.jpg

why not 17s? 295/70/17

none of the american trucks came with the 17" option, at least from seeing thousands upon thousands on the road.

Actually, in '03 and '04, 17" wheel were listed as "standard" and the 18's were optional, likely at the price mark-up. Just like the optional Navi :doh:, most LC's came fully optioned.

View attachment 299894
Anyone have any idea what size tire is on the truck in this photo? They look GREAT (and would look even better if the running boards were removed!)

Anyone have any idea what size tire is on the truck in this photo? They look GREAT (and would look even better if the running boards were removed!)

Per Slee's website, who built and sold the truck to a forum member:

The truck is shown with 18" Stock Lexus Wheels with Lexus center caps.

Nitto Terragrapler AT's. 325/60/18

Slee - Trucks for sale

I tried several searches, but I kept getting "no matches," and I'm sure this has been asked before: Will a 325/60-18 tire fit on a stock-height '03 LX470? They look great on that Land Cruiser, but I also read that it had different rear springs on it...........I don't want to go to the expense of ditching the AHC unless / until I have problems with it, but I sure would like to have a more "substantial" tire than the 285/60-18's I currently have

Any thoughts?

View attachment 299894
I like that LC, not at all like a "Mall Cruiser".
I wonder if I would have any problems fitting a 16" rim on? Just thinking about the break/rotor clearance.
Or any after market rim with the right offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom