Driveshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, it seems the gods have spoken to me numerous times the past few days. Rusty tells me to keep the trail rig, build a seperate buggy, along with a few other folks. I happen to come across a set of 33 TSL's today from a good friend. I tell my :princess: about it, and she tells me to sit down......oh great, here it comes........

She tells me to finish the 40(SBC/power steering, what not) and she would buy me a tube chassis to start a buggy with!!!!!:bounce::bounce2:

I told her my issue was space and being in the military....moving around! She says don't worry about it, we will come to that later.

MY WIFEY IS DA BOMB!!!

Here is the deal fellas, I need a rear driveshaft. I want to go ahead and flip the rear springs now. The 33's are lookin' a little close as it is, plus I would like the extra wheelbase like right f'ing now!

Anybody have a stretched shaft laying around that would work?? I know some of you guys have done this before of course, so hoping somebody has one before I take it and have the driveline shop here in town do it. My 40 has 2.5 inch springs and is all stock other than that. It will be a 3'ish inch stretch, sooooooooo. Let me know fellas.

My Dad said the same thing about Mrs Rusty. It's only been thirty years so we'll have to wait and see if he was right. :grinpimp:

LOL!!

So, just in case none of yall have a driveshaft laying around, who is the best price around Reno/Carson?? Fellow here in town is saying around 150 give or take a little bit.

LOL!!

So, just in case none of yall have a driveshaft laying around, who is the best price around Reno/Carson?? Fellow here in town is saying around 150 give or take a little bit.
Check out driveline service in Carson city, he's a nice guy who wheels. I think he wants $120 to re-tube a DL.

Check out driveline service in Carson city, he's a nice guy who wheels. I think he wants $120 to re-tube a DL.

Not bad, I'll have to give him a ring in the AM if I can't come up with any other ideas.

I was gonna recommend him too!
He's a nice guy, a little dis organized, but his price cant be beat around here. If you need diffs set up, hes the man too.

K

I was gonna recommend him too!
He's a nice guy, a little dis organized, but his price cant be beat around here. If you need diffs set up, hes the man too.

K

I'm gonna give him a call here in a bit and see what he will quote me for, then call Andy here in town and see if he will price match.(thanks Mark)

Andy has a top notch clean shop and I know he does good work.....just a little over-priced.

I paid $205 to have a new joint and tube put on my driveshaft at Andy's shop. They changed it from a double cardan to a single, two u joint ds.

What'd he quote ya?

Well...
fawking slacker...did you call!?

:flipoff2:

I called once and whoever I needed to talk to wasn't there???? We have had a ton of stuff going on at work.

busy, busy, busy.

Well, evidently when I called, I called the other driveline shop in Carson, then my buddy called the # Rustytlc gave me and he said it was a message saying the business was sold or something like that........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom