A few trade-offs, but the next LC i'm eyeing at the moment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Still looking for my first LC. I feel like i've gotten a good set of skills and knowledge for looking for one....BUT, i still gotta atleast ask from time to time :D just to get some opinions. Hope it is OK, because it sure is appreciated!

So, about 2 months into searching (sometimes casually) i have realized more than likely it won't have 'everything' i'd like. I'll have to make some tradeoffs. Speaking of tradeoffs, this one's got some blingin' rims, i'm not overly excited about the color, it has a factory roof rack and spoiler, and the wood trim on the dash.

Other than that, i love it. The rims might even be a good thing because it probably hasnt seen any abuse. Interior leather is very nice from what i see (love the two-tone), clean exterior, has lockers, 160k i believe, and the price seems pretty good. Especially for a dealer.

So, insight? :cheers:

Check it out...

Well for what it is worth..."bling" and low profile tires usually means it hasn't seen much off road use...

By the way...$8,000 with lockers...not bad...

- Mark

Personally I really like the color. You could probably sell those rims to fund some new ones.

Id say 8k is a bit on the high side given the times here. Even in the pricey bay area of san francisco im seeing these with 40-50k less miles in the 6-7k range. I have to imagine the same or better is true anywhere outside the bay area.

I have not looked at the pics. I would have to say that if it has lockers, look close.
Fewer than 20-30,000 were ever imported into the US with factory lockers. Many of those are rarely used. This is a rare truck.
On Monteros, 4Runners, & LC's, I always look underneath. The lack of scratches on the under frame and skids suggests minimal off-road use.
Screw the color. Beyond preference, it is not important. The quality of the truck should be a higher priority. If it is a decent truck with lockers, it is rare. Buy it!
I took my truck from the insurance company after a rollover. It was destroyed, but it has lockers. The roof and left side were fubared. I fixed it and I have never looked back. While I have kept the mods simple, it is one of the most well-known 80's in the area. People from all over stop to take pictures of my truck, and themselves next to it. It has a name.... The John Deere Toyota..... The color started out as a practical matter. But it has become something more. Even though I rarely wash it, and it is always muddy, people come from some distance to look at it. When I park downtown, people stop and take pictures of my truck. Everywhere I go it is the same. It's just a truck, but some people like it a lot. People are silly that way.

I won't be eyeing it too long if I were you. Someone else's eyes are at it. :D

Last edited:
nevermind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom