1FZ-FE or 1HE and why?? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i live in Jordan (Middle East) but we are not an oil rich country, and petrol price is much higher than diesel, still every body here preferes the 1FZ engine over 1HE most people here think that 1FE is more economic in the long term and more durable and ofcourse more powerfull.
what do you guys think?? (please dont compare with turbo deisel)

Do you mean the 1HZ naturally-aspirated diesel? Never heard of a 1HE or a 1FE, do you mean 3FE? The 1HZ diesel is a slug to drive, but it's a workhorse and will run all day everyday. If your after power then a 1FZ will slay the 1HZ, but cost you more at the pump as they do like to drink! The 1HZ is durable, but then again so is the 1FZ if maintained properly.

at middle east the 80 series had them engines and the new 70 series still come with those engines
1hz (4.2 diesel) non turbo, and 1fz-fe (4.5 petrol)

First, good to have you on the site! Tell us more about where you're going travelling / wheeling in your area sometime!

I don't know anything much about Diesels. But they certainly seem to be very durable in general. Of course, typically less power. But typically more torque. Worse in town, better in the dirt. I've read various takes on the cost of maintenance that generally sound like it may not have much of an edge over petrol. Of course, if the cost of diesel fuel is much lower and you drive a lot, it will typically be cheaper. After all, that's why almost everybody in Europe drives diesel cruisers, they must have looked into it. In a country where technical support may not be as readily available, the simplicity of a Diesel may be very appealing.

Then again, factor in noise, comfort, smell, lesser ability of negotiate fast urban traffic, these may or many not be important to you... I'll say that I recently spent a week in a Diesel Defender (less sophisticated than an 80 of course) nd it was not very pleasant noise and vibration wise.

I thought the 1HZ NA have not enought powa to move a 80 series .. if you gonna buy it .. think about turboing it ( aftermarket kit .. )

I thought the 1HZ NA have not enought powa to move a 80 series .. if you gonna buy it .. think about turboing it ( aftermarket kit .. )

True Tapage, they are sluggish in an 80, but you should try it in a 100 series. We have a few 105 series at work with the 1HZ and you are just about flat to the boards with the skiny pedal everywhere! Slow, but they'll run all day....:)

True Tapage, they are sluggish in an 80, but you should try it in a 100 series. We have a few 105 series at work with the 1HZ and you are just about flat to the boards with the skiny pedal everywhere! Slow, but they'll run all day....:)

80 series are 4.10 and 105 series with 1HZ are 4.30 .. with R151 make a little diference .. still slow combo, but it's desing to run forever ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom