Steering wheel shakes with spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I’m having with my 93 LC, my truck has about 250,000 miles on it. The shocks were replace about 30,000 miles ago I just installed a new wheel bearing on the passenger side and the truck drives great. The only issue I’m having is when I installed my wheel spacers on the front the steering wheel shakes @ random and when hitting bumps. The truck drivers fine without the wheel spacers. Any suggestions or recommendations?

It sounds like the wheel spacers are not seating right, make sure everything is flush up on the hub
Or there out of balanced....can you return those spacers?...get new ones?

What size spacers? If they are 1" inch make sure all the original studs arn't protruding the slightest bit, causing an uneven surface to mount to. Just a thought.

Also, you said somthing about the "front". Was the vehicle being driven without the spacers installed on the rear? If so, I had an incident on my FJ62 where I ran 1.5" rear and 1" front and had an intermittent wobble from the steering wheel. Good luck.

I had a similar problem that got resolved by making sure the wheel being attached to the spacers gets centered. The spacers should center on the hub but by pushing the wheel out from the hub it becomes out of center by a bit. Find a couple of lug nuts that are conical and put the wheel on with them to center on the spacer and then put your normal lugs in and tighten. Once you have that done back out the conical nuts and put your regular nuts on.

Should add that it wasn't my hair brained idea. It was from a smart guy named "Ben" from Slee. :)

Worked for me. :D

It sounds like the wheel spacers are not seating right, make sure everything is flush up on the hub
Or there out of balanced....can you return those spacers?...get new ones?
I had discount tire check to see if they were seated correctly

What size spacers? If they are 1" inch make sure all the original studs arn't protruding the slightest bit, causing an uneven surface to mount to. Just a thought.

Also, you said somthing about the "front". Was the vehicle being driven without the spacers installed on the rear? If so, I had an incident on my FJ62 where I ran 1.5" rear and 1" front and had an intermittent wobble from the steering wheel. Good luck.
the spacer size are 1.25 and i was running 1.25 all the way around. now i'm just running them on the rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom