Need a 12HT auto transmission (or parts) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi,

I am looking for an automatic transmission from a 12HT. I have a 12HT that I am putting into an FJ45 for a DD. I actually just need the bellhousing, governor, torque converter, kick down cable and valve body. So the trans condition is not that important. I am going to fit the parts to another A440 transmission.

I am hoping to find someone with an HJ61 that swapped out their Auto for a manual.

Thanks,
Phil

unless your 12HT was from an auto you will also need the part of the throttle actuator that pulls the trans kickdown cable.

2H parts should be the same

Yes, my 12HT was from an auto. It still has the flexplate/starter ring attached.

I had posted this in one of the TLCA BC club forums and it got moved to here. Not that I mind, but you already had a post like mine here. Oh well. I'll share what I find if it can help you too.

Phil

is the auto from a 62 different than a 12ht auto? If a H55f will fit both HJ and FJ seems to me a 62 auto should be the same a auto for a 12ht.

But I might be wrong.................. ???

is the auto from a 62 different than a 12ht auto? If a H55f will fit both HJ and FJ seems to me a 62 auto should be the same a auto for a 12ht.

But I might be wrong.................. ???

Not entirely sure, but the shift points are a bit different and I think the diesel has a different fly wheel.

John has a core transmission from a 12ht on the shelf that needs rebuilding, think it has torque converter but no fly wheel;

Rob

I haven't got my 12HT handy to compare directly to the A440F I have, but I understand the bolt pattern is different where it mounts to the engine. The shift points are different and the torque converter mounting is supposed to be different.

I'll give John a call tomorrow and see what he's got.

Thanks Rob.

Phil

As far as a bolt patern...that does not make sence...

a H55f will bolt into or replace a A440F

a H55F will bolt into a HJ and FJ...

As far as a bolt patern...that does not make sence...

a H55f will bolt into or replace a A440F

a H55F will bolt into a HJ and FJ...

The bolt pattern on the back of an H (2H, 12HT) engine block is not the same as a gas engine.

Yes you can use an H55 from an H engine on an F engine, but you cant interchange the bellhousing in this case. The bellhousing pattern is different on the engine side. You have to use the appropriate bellhousing whether its auto or manual

The bolt pattern on the back of an H (2H, 12HT) engine block is not the same as a gas engine.

Yes you can use an H55 from an H engine on an F engine, but you cant interchange the bellhousing in this case. The bellhousing pattern is different on the engine side. You have to use the appropriate bellhousing whether its auto or manual

So you just need the H bellhousing to make these interchangable ??

Good luck Phil

Rob

I haven't got my 12HT handy to compare directly to the A440F I have, but I understand the bolt pattern is different where it mounts to the engine. The shift points are different and the torque converter mounting is supposed to be different.

I'll give John a call tomorrow and see what he's got.

Thanks Rob.

Phil

Talked to John yesterday. He wasn't certain it was from a 12HT but was going to check for me.

Waiting on a call back.

Phil

called back and it's from a diesel... photos sent... now to figure out the shipping how-to.

Yup. Waiting on shipping info and need to convince the wife it would be good to help the Canadian economy:)

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom