Slee's Lexus LX 470 AHC Controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure the purpose

Uh, from your link:

The AHC (Automatic Height Control) controller enables the owner to overide the automatic lowerings of the vehicle at speed. The vehicle can be placed in the HIGH mode and will remain there. The controller has two settings. OVERIDE or NORMAL. The colored LED indicates the mode selected

Uh, from your link:

The AHC (Automatic Height Control) controller enables the owner to overide the automatic lowerings of the vehicle at speed. The vehicle can be placed in the HIGH mode and will remain there. The controller has two settings. OVERIDE or NORMAL. The colored LED indicates the mode selected

Uh, I get that!

Is there any purpose to drive above 20mph in hi... probably a rhetorical question.

Is there any purpose to drive above 20mph in hi...

I very much enjoy flying down dirt track at high speeds, it's a hoot. And I wouldn't want to do that in an LX with the AHC on low.

But, for most, it's likely appearance based.

If you were to drive in the high mode all of the time in typical street use would this cause any damage to the vehicle under normal street driving?

I dont have it "yet". I was thinking about having them install it next time I make it down the hill.

Krameric, if you're thinking of running in High mode at all times you're going to really want the diff drop. Running it in high at all times is just like putting a normal 2" lift on it, which will increase the CV angles, increasing the chances for your boots to leak. I have the diff drop and I dont have the lock box yet. The box wasnt invented to keep the truck in high mode on the street, while you can do it, it doesnt give any advantage really over normal height. Its versatility really comes in when you're doing more then 20mph offroad and it doesnt kick back down to normal height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom