Becasue its your club... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree on going to some events of other clubs a little further away. Rubicon would be awesome and is def a dream of mine that will have to happen some day!

The trips def get a larger range of folks in the club together since some of us dont get to make it to meetings down in SC.

I am planning a trip west this summer with one of the kids (mine). Looking at coinciding with an event in Moab or Ouray. I had initially planned on Rubithon; but tentatively planning on the FJ Summit (if it gets off the ground). A few others are doing the same. It would be neat if more members could go and call it an official club event.

I am planning a trip west this summer with one of the kids (mine). Looking at coinciding with an event in Moab or Ouray. I had initially planned on Rubithon; but tentatively planning on the FJ Summit (if it gets off the ground). A few others are doing the same. It would be neat if more members could go and call it an official club event.

David if you are interested shoot me a PM; as I said I will be out there all summer with a flexible schedule and would love to wheel with some familiar faces :cheers:

Ali wants to go out west this fall. We'll take the FJC and pull the trailer I just bought - which I have to get fixed up into an expedition style trailer w/ tent sometime after GSMTR.

Ali wants to go out west this fall. We'll take the FJC and pull the trailer I just bought - which I have to get fixed up into an expedition style trailer w/ tent sometime after GSMTR.

I would love to see the West in the fall...... too bad I will have finally had to join the real world of the 8-5ers with the rest of you guys by that point:crybaby:

I like the idea of the Cruiser Crawl too. We need to have a strong presence at other major events, if we want others to come to ours (GSMTR).

I haven't made it to the Crawl yet, because it was always too close to other UC events.

Oh, and if any y'all want to do something out of state sooner, we are headed to Texas in March for the LSLC Round Up. Would love for any other UC'ers to join the caravan.

I would love to see some of you guys come down for the Christmas parade this year. I'm sure we could put you up for the night.

Other than that, I would like to see more wheeling trips, but only if we can get the attendance up. While I had a great time at Durhamtown last weekend, the attendance was poor at best.

I understand we all have other interests,
I go camping once a month w/ scouts, wheel and meet w/ LCLC as often as possible, and run my own business.

Sorry for the rant, I am glad to be a part of such a GREAT club.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I want more wheeling - but better attendance would be nice at the wheeling events. We do all get busy though...

The wife and I are headed down to Charleston sometime in a few months for a early spring beach trip - I'll let LC know when I'm headed down. I'll need recommendations on somewhere to stay, eat, etc.

One problem with more wheeling trips is we are limited in where we can go in the southeast without an expedition to get to a new wheeling spot. Within reasonable driving distance we have Durhamtown, Gulches, Cullowhee and Tellico. Even with those four you are limited with seasonal closures and trail closures.

I'm starting to rally the troops to begin some trail maintenance - I need support - REAL SUPPORT. I'm getting the FS on board and we will need to make a strong showing to get buy in from the FS.

:cheers:

I know its a little further but would it be worth a trip to Beasly Knob for one of our events? It looks like a decent place. I know we all want more events and more attendance as well. The events I went to last year were awesome, OTMT, GSMTR, Cullowhee in November(maybe oct i cant remember). It does carry some cost to make even a short trip and get geared up so I presume that will mean that attendance could suffer a little bit.

Thank god gas came down though. That about broke me last year when I drove from Charlotte to Tellico.

Beasley is awesome. GA Cruisers sponser the Beasley Bash there annually.

It isn't far for me :)

It's a great event and Beasley is a lot of fun...

Try from Chas to Tellico at 4.00 a gallon

Only heard of Beasley knob, sounds like fun!!

UC would probably be better served by attending the Beasley Bash put on by GA Cruisers rather than going on our own - kind of a West meets East sorta thing.

I was there two years ago. Had a lot of fun. Great group of people.

k9crazy and I orangized that one, glad you had fun Marshall :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom