Outside temperature sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.perfectswitch.com
My brother had a little fender-bender which damaged the passenger-side bumper and front quarter-panel on a '98. Damage repaired, but the outside temperature reading next to the clock now doesn't show what the outide temperature is. I suspect the body shop, in taking apart the front-end, probably forgot to either hook-up or attach the temperature sensor, but I don't know where the sensor is located. Does anyone happen to know where Mr. Toyota hides that monkey? I'm unable to locate it either in the user manual or the repair manual.

Thanks,

Scott

My brother had a little fender-bender which damaged the passenger-side bumper and front quarter-panel on a '98. Damage repaired, but the outside temperature reading next to the clock now doesn't show what the outide temperature is. I suspect the body shop, in taking apart the front-end, probably forgot to either hook-up or attach the temperature sensor, but I don't know where the sensor is located. Does anyone happen to know where Mr. Toyota hides that monkey? I'm unable to locate it either in the user manual or the repair manual.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,
It is located on the front side of the radiator mounted low on its own little bracket. The FSM calls it a " Ambient Temperature Sensor". Bad place for it for us wheelers...you never get an accurate read while trail'n due to the engine heat blowing forward enough to affect it.

Thanks Spresso. Is it on driver or passenger side?

Scott

Scott,
It is located on the front side of the radiator mounted low on its own little bracket. The FSM calls it a " Ambient Temperature Sensor". Bad place for it for us wheelers...you never get an accurate read while trail'n due to the engine heat blowing forward enough to affect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom