4x4 Labs Bumper Build Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just started welding my 4x4labs kit together today and had a couple questions for the experts.

1) Why is the top ring tube of the jerry can holder larger than the base? Any reason why I couldn't make the top ring smaller and just large enough to fit a 3 jerry cans?

2) Any ideas on how to do a latch setup that would allow me to run either 1 swing out or both swing outs.

I have a sub tank that's going in as well, so I don't think i will use the can holder very often. I wanted the option though, so I have a dual swing out and will build it to go either way.

I have a 4x4labs bumper as well with a subtank. Did you have Luke make it for the subtank, meaning move his crossmember back to fit it? I have the Long Ranger tank and he had to move the crossmember back quite a bit.

I can't help with the rung dia. or the single latch idea.

I have a 4x4labs bumper as well with a subtank. Did you have Luke make it for the subtank, meaning move his crossmember back to fit it? I have the Long Ranger tank and he had to move the crossmember back quite a bit.

I can't help with the rung dia. or the single latch idea.

This is one of the kits, so I think i can make the changes as I go.

Vertical

You've probably already figured this out by now, but you can latch each swing-arm vertically to your bumper (if it doesn't interfere with the hitch hole). The image is from the Slee Offroad site. 4X4Labs may be able to sell you different length swing arms to accomodate a dual, symmetric set-up.
Slee Swing Latch.jpg

These pics may help your questions that you asked me via PM.
Bumper G.jpg
Bumper H.jpg
Bumper I.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom