welding class- who's in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a welding class at the D.P "Pat " McGowan Workforce Training Center at the Ridgeland Holmes Community College. It is at the same place that Lash is currently going. We and some buddies of mind are taking the 5 wk MIG/TIG Class that starts May 19th. It is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30pm- 8:30pm. the next class after the one Lash is taking is for ARC welding.

The class only holds 5-8 " students " per class and is up to at least 3 people so far. So whoever wants to reserve their spot contact:

Angela Crain
Workforce Development Coordinator
Holmes Community College
412 West Ridgeland Avenue
Ridgeland, MS 39157

acrain@holmescc.edu
(601) 605-3370

It is best to call her to reserve spot with your credit card. It won't be charged till the class starts and you can cancel if need be.

Oh Yeah... the price for the class is.....

wait for it!

$125! includes everything you need.

come on lets burn some stuff

down to one

Sweet! This going to be a blast! LoneRanger and Jesterb you guys signed up for the MIG/TIG class or the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed it for ya.

Later,

Sweet! This going to be a blast! LoneRanger and Jesterb you guys signed up for the MIG/TIG class or the other?

I think I signed up for MIG/TIG. The one that going to run from may 19th. I'll be able to work that into my schedule cause its during summer. Any idea whether it would be better to do the Arc welding instead as far as usefullness for Landcruiser stuff?

Come awn folks, learn stick welding...........

I think I signed up for MIG/TIG. The one that going to run from may 19th. I'll be able to work that into my schedule cause its during summer. Any idea whether it would be better to do the Arc welding instead as far as usefullness for Landcruiser stuff?

The May 19th class is the MIG/TIG class. If you never tried welding before than you should learn how to ARC (stick) weld first. You will then love MIG welding :D. MIG i find to be more user friendly. However if you learn to stick weld you will be a better overall welder IMO. Stick does have the advantage over MIG in visibility. Whichever you feel the most comfortable with will be the most useful for landcruiser stuff!

I signed up for the mig/tig

You guys are going to LOVE the instructor.

My class is going thru all types.

We have done Oxy-Acetelyne (sp?) and we have one more day of stick before we move on to MIG then TIG.

If you cant see MIG as well as stick, then I'm in trouble!

$125 is a deal. The local CC here charges closer to $500 for a similar class...

Any idea whether it would be better to do the Arc welding instead as far as usefullness for Landcruiser stuff?

If you learn stick welding, you can do battery welds on the trail! That'd be a good skill to have.

I'm ready to melt some metal.

Utilized my new skill and Miller 211 this weekend fixing the mailbox and starting on some half doors. The mailbox fix would have cost $150++ so its already paying for itself!

You guys are gunna enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom