Rear Hatch Seal Replacement options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy fellas!

Just got new exhaust put in on my 62 and it's dumping straight back right behind the bumper. Noticed exhaust is leaking into the cabin from the rear hatch as my seal is pretty beat. Does anyone know of a cheap solution to the main seal that goes around the entire rear gate that will seal her up airtight? Thanks in advance!

Yohan

Try this guy.

Weatherstrip

And if your exhaust doesn't make it all the way back, maybe turn it so it goes out the side? Carbon Monoxide is a real dangerous beast.

I agree on both counts. I have Kevin's weatherstripping and it made a huge difference in how much road noise made it inside the truck as well as blocking fumes from coming in.

Great, thank you gents! If this don't cure it I will turn it to the side. Was planning on it, but with my anti-reversible shackles and 3" tubing it would coming across further back than I would like, just think it will get crunched eventually:) I found a couple bad spots and temporarily sealed them with some foam and noticed it cut down the fumes drastically, so hoping a new seal will cure it. Thanks again!

Just ordered, thanx again fellas. Happy friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom