Dodge Dodge 5.9 CTD????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a Cummings with a 6 speed manual 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 tow rig, single rear tire axle. Anything I should be looking at or focus on?

Replacing a 00 7.3 F-250 6 speed..........

body mounts..

on the body, look for cracks.

The dodges are notorious for ripping the body tub to pieces. Even more so with the longer trucks.

If it has been street driven all of it's life then it probably is not an issue.

:pCruiser tender.......
3760757_2.jpg

Sealed U-joints usually go at around 50K. Also, from what I've been told (now), they can be replaced with greaseable U-joints. Next time.....

My steering stabilizer went out very early in my ownership. I got the death wobble when hitting a bridge bump at 75. :eek:

Mine now has 72K on the ticker and I love it. My recommendation would be to get the Bullydog triple dog downloader ASAP, program it and leave it on Tow/Economy, and put the downloader under the rear seat. I have the 6 sp and love it. Mine's the long box, quad cab, so it's a big SOB. Leveling kit for the front and 35" tires. Good to go!

Can I ask why the 3500 over the 2500? I was told the only difference was one overload spring. I knew I was going to put Airlift bags under mine anyway, so I saved the $$$. :cheers:

Why, cause I tow about 14K with a toyhauler, FJ-40 or crawler and 150 gallons of water and the California Highway Patrol does not like overloaded trucks.
I have a built 00 7.3 F-250 that worked fine till I got my trailer, The truck comes with a Bulldog programmer, my biggest issue is that the dealer put 35" Toyos on 20" rims and the tires are 350$+ and have a low weight rating, but a swap to a reasonable tire/wheel combo will work.
You are correct, the only thing different is the spring pack.

nice truck, make certain it's not a farm truck cause of the box flatbed.

yer, i was lookin at that one as well ;)

ball joints
u joints
new clutch, if chipped out
lift pump

these are not first hand experiences, but observations of what other folk are going on with.

edit, a kore or lorenz leveling kit would be my choice.

Last edited:
Its got front spring spacers and a pair of blocks in the rear................
All that stuff besides the lift pump is easy,

Its got front spring spacers and a pair of blocks in the rear................
All that stuff besides the lift pump is easy,

winner

cause of the great aftermarket parts that are available and cause of the cummins and the solid fr axle.

imo

the later 6 speed is a Mercedes made tranny.

Nice truck.

If you look at the specs, most 3/4 tons have a higher payload capacity than the 1 tons.

Yeah, I was checking Vin plates and its close, its all towing for me...........

Wanna me it up for me in Utah on your next trip through?:grinpimp:

Im gonna trade the F-250, so I gotta do a speed run up there, but have a busy few weeks till I can do it.........KOH, TDS

my biggest issue is that the dealer put 35" Toyos on 20" rims and the tires are 350$+ and have a low weight rating, but a swap to a reasonable tire/wheel combo will work.

Yep, the wheels and tires have to go.

The truck looks nice minus the wheel/tire combo.

I never understood the idea of having a duty truck with bling attached.

Thanks, from a dude with a truck with a turret.............

made an offer a bit ago, with a trade in on the 00 250

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom