LRA 160 Liter Auxiliary Tank on the way... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Guys, the Long Range Automotive (LRA) 160 Liter tank I purchased from Motorcare Four Wheel Drive (MFWD) in Brisbane, Australia has shipped. Richard from MFWD was nice enough to send me a few pictures of the tank before it shipped.

This tank roughly holds double the capacity of the OEM tank. So, in combination with my 4 jerry cans (a little over 20 gallons); I should be able to carry 80 gallons of gas and that should give me a range of about 1,200 miles on road and 900 miles off road...then again I drive slow.

I'll do a detailed install write-up when I get back to the States and get to work installing it. I thought I would post up a few shots so everyone can see how massive this tank is. If you haven't guessed by now...I am not building a rock crawler.

3273085611_c3f72e1667_o.jpg

3273085539_d63435ec87_o.jpg

Good purchase, you'll love it long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Post up how the install goes.

g/l, Dan.

Is that thing going to hang down at the rear??
How does it fill up? are you going to use a seperate filler neck or a dual filler neck?

... I should be able to carry 80 gallons of gas and that should give me a range of about 1,200 miles on road and 900 miles off road.....[/IMG]
:clap:

Wow, now that is nice.

1. Let's see...the tank and a Milford Half Barrier (purchased at the same time) were less than US$1,000 as I am totally taking advantage of the depressed Australian Dollar.
  2. Shipping is an unknown at this point...as I shipped it FedEx and I haven't been billed for it yet...but, I will let you guys know when I get the bill...unless I have a coronary or stroke.
  3. Supposedly, from talking to the guys at Motorcare Four Wheel Drive (MFWD) it does not hang down any further than a stock spare tire. I am planning on making a skid plate for it to protect it in case I do decide to do some minor rock crawling (Cruise Moab).
  4. I was really going for extended range with this rather than departure angle...as I am wanting to do some serious off road time in the US and Canada...I am hoping this gives me enough range to do some of the trips I am hoping to be able to take.
  5. This sucker comes as a complete kit with a dual filler neck, fuel pump, wiring, switch, gauge, and all the other goodies. I just called Richard at MFWD and told him what I was looking for and he recommended this setup. I did specifically tell him that I did not want to destroy my departure angle..but, that range, reliability, and construction were more important than a few degrees of departure angle. I had to wait four weeks for them to get the tank from LRA before MFWD could ship it.

I'll post up a detailed installation when I get to the States and get it unpacked and mounted.

Cheers.

- Mark

Mark,

The LRA product is nice, installed many into 80'2, 100's and 200's. The instructions are sometimes vague and leave you wondering about the quality of the product, but it works fine. No noticeable reduction in departure angles. Have you bargained on the weight and perhaps a rework of your rear spring rates or adding air bags (polyairs) that go inside the rear coils?

Mutley -

Just ordered the suspension from Slee. I went with the OME 2.5" "heavy" with 864's in the rear. With AO drawers, the auxiliary tank, a Milford half barrier, refrigerator, roof rack, and rear bumper...Christo convinced me the 864's were the way to go.

- Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom