front locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I go wheelin in the sand dunes, in Michigan with my buddies. Will a front locker help that much in the sand? I have a 350 tbi with some added goodies, 33 x 13.5 ltb's, and a rear locker. I'm lookin to find out where to best spend some money. Should I try for more horses or the locker?

to my understanding (last time i went it was the sun of beach bronco run.) they guys there told me that you air down below 10 psi, i went 7 psi and 2 wheel drive was best. horse power is your friend.
had no problems lots of traction.

I air down to about 6-7 psi and get good traction. I just was wondering if a front locker would make a noticeable difference.

I just was wondering if a front locker would make a noticeable difference.

I am sure you will notice the broken front axle components.... :lol:

Then you will need to upgrade the front axle shafts.

:beer:

I dont do crazy stuff just some soft sand hill climbs. I thought if you had fine birfs and you were careful, you would be fine.

I have a rear lunchbox locker and a ARB in the front.. I've found that on certain floury and doughy beaches it will give me more forward propulsion if I'm already moving, but if I'm stuck, turning it on doesnt help much. I'm on my 4th CV now, its time to upgrade axles, or time to change driving habits..

Also, I think the lunchbox locker has a negative effect in sand when turning, it causes the inside wheel to spin a bit, a spinning wheel on sand is a digging wheel.. Digging in sand isnt good.

I dont do crazy stuff just some soft sand hill climbs. I thought if you had fine birfs and you were careful, you would be fine.

Define careful....

Specifically for SAND, I would suggest a LSD over a locker. Better steering and handling and will give more than a locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom