OME851 with OME863 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Ive done enough reading to send my brain buzzing.

I have the OME851's, N70 and N71E, OME CC kit, will be running 33" tires.

and now I am buying Lil' runnah's OME863 springs.

It will be some time before I can afford an ARB bullbar. Not sure on the winch. And not sure what I am going to do with the rear bumper as I was thinking of keeping it stock. I want to get the best out of this set up so I am here for advice from those that are running the same springs, or at one time have.

I am not much into rock climbing but love trail runs and starting to really plan out expeditions. What about running spacers to level things off? And am I going to have an issue even with the CC kit installed?

that's what I have. 851 plus 1.5" spacers, bull bar and Warn M12. Ends up being about 2" lift up front.
Is slightly less than 850Js.
Works fine. One of these days I'll put my 2.5" spacers on or get Js but I've done some pretty rocky stuff and no complaints. And that's without any caster correction at all.

851 + 863 = "stinkbug" unless you pack a lot of weight in the back and hang nothing off of the front.

e9999..... any photo's... and do you have the stinkbug going? :)

no pics handy, but probably some around Mud.
No major stinkbug, maybe slightly when the rear is empty, but I don't mind that. I'm more concerned about dragging butt when loaded.

In my case, this was an evolutionary thing. Got some 51s when truck was not armored yet. Then got spacers so went that route when I added the armor and winch.

my plans are to add a bullbar and sliders. i am unsure on the rear as I might try to find a factory tire carrier.

Mine with that setup, 2nd & 3rd pix have 1.5" spacers.:hillbilly:

spacer_butt.jpg

spacer_done.jpg

bull.jpg

ok... that pretty much works. I will be going with 285/75R15's. And I have the OME CC kit.....

Did you press them in yourself or have a shop do it?

I got a used setup, (that's why I ran it) included arms with the the bushings, but have pressed a bunch of bushings myself.

yeah the springs and shocks are used... so with hopes they are broken in.....

i have done my own bushings on other vehicles that required a press.... a socket and hammer. :D

Kevin,

So how was the ride after you put in the 1.5" spacers? Was it bouncy?

Do you guys think the N70 and N71E shocks are going to work ok with this setup?

Kevin,

You will have mostly up travel in your shocks. Good if you plan to stay on 33's for overland use.

I plan on staying with 33's and daily driver. Nothing to technical for this rig. Medium trails at best. And of course overland use.

Kevin,

It worked well, ride was a great improvement over the stock setup. Wanted more travel for the type of wheeling that I do, so moved to the J setup. Only ran that setup for about 6mo and that was ~4yrs ago, it's a little bigger now.:hillbilly:

attachment.php

attachment.php

i've got 850/863 springs with an ARB up front and stock rear bumper. the 863 yieled just over 4" of lift while the front is at 2.5.

my hub center to fender measurement in the back is 24 1/4. if that helps

Im having problems finding a good cheap pair of 1.5 inch spacers for the front. I find some that are only 1 inch that might work. But if the 1.5's worked better then I would rather get some of those.

What about the front sway bar spacers?

I just did the 851/863 combo on my DD with stock bumpers and no spacers yet, and it has a major case of stinkification. It looks bad if you don't carry 200+ lbs in the back, could only imagine what it would look like with a front bumper/winch combo.

Slee has some front sway bar drops and 1" spacer. Was planning on that this spring but those 1.5" spacers look great. Where can you find those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom