tired of going topless (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looked at tops for jeeps not long enuff ! besides its a jeep part so i thought i would put the hard top on and try it. my roll cage design makes the top 3" taller in the back .. what do you guys think???:hillbilly:
0206091614.jpg
0206091615.jpg

Nice!:beer:

:cool: I like it.

Looks like one of those buggies on Fantasy Island. Of course without the Super Swampers and the green paint... :D

i did the dame thing to my old nissan patrol, it worked great, open air shade with no flapping in the wind.

like the sturdy ness but dont care for the echo. any thought on a cheap head lining material that wont hold to much dirt yet deadens the noise??:wrench:

Howdy! I forgot to tell ya on Saturday that I do like this setup. Might try a couple of layers of cheap undercoating. It can be built up pretty thick if you want. Might try putting some padding on the cage to help kill the sound transfer from the rig up to the new lid. John

ya know i see you guys at these events and am terrible with names not only do i have to learn your names but your computer handle also!!! after all i am a :hillbilly: .. hey when you guys use the c.b. you dont use a differnt handle do you ???? ...............anyway .....the under coat sounds like a plan:hillbilly:

Hey KingBee... ya don't wanna get rid of that glass do ya? I have a top that needs glass.

What pieces do you need? I know I have the corner glass, but I can't remember if I have one or two of the side glass. If it's one, it may not be the right size, and I can't remember off the top of my head if I have the big or the small glass (ebay mix up from a few years back). And if it's two, they may not match. No rear hatch glass, no rear hatch at all for that matter. Either way, they'd go good with the machine gun.

My yearly meeting appearance may actually be this month.

I need all the glass but will take what I can get... Bring what ya got and we can work it out brother.

hey , i got some sides for a top but there all rusty. i grabbed them for the glass they have the newer style of window with the pop out wing on the back ... not going to use them now just taking up space in attic. i thought it would be cool to weld the bar in . and put newer windows in an old top:grinpimp:

Those pop-out windows are cool. Do they fit the older tops?

What I've got

I do have both pieces of corner glass and one side. No gasket/weather stripping for the corners, but two for the sides in excellent condition. They're all out of a '71.

You still want the machine gun?

I need all the glass but will take what I can get... Bring what ya got and we can work it out brother.

Machine gun? Ooh Ooh!:D

Hell yeah I want the machine gun...

As for the glass I'll take it all. What's your brew of choice?

Those pop-out windows are cool. Do they fit the older tops?

I installed the vent windows into my 68 back in the eighties. The top is off of a 73. SOR shows three different sizes of side glass between 65 and the 77 model with the vent windows. I know there is at least two different type of weather stripping for the windows. I think the same thing holds true with the back corner windows. At least two different sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom