Locating a 105 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

South Africa still, hopefully...?

Those guys from Blackwater Enterprises might be selling some of theirs.
Maybe Mexico if you go far enough south. Or Belize.

were you asking about new or used?

cuz used they're all over the place, of course, S.A., Oz, Middle East etc...

added: well, darn, I stand corrected, I don't see the new ones on the South African Toy website any more... For some reason I thought they had them there later than other places... I guess that's it for that then...?

Last edited:
Those guys from Blackwater Enterprises might be selling some of theirs.
Maybe Mexico if you go far enough south. Or Belize.

No go in Mexico.

were you asking about new or used?

cuz used they're all over the place, of course, S.A., Oz, Middle East etc...

added: well, darn, I stand corrected, I don't see the new ones on the South African Toy website any more... For some reason I thought they had them there later than other places... I guess that's it for that then...?

hundos arent made anymore, you know that!

The closest place in the US for a grey market 105 is Panama/Costa Rica, because you can get General Market, LHD versions. They will be proportionately more expensive than a US-spec 100 series of the same vintage, and the importation process (if you can call it that) will be a few shades south of black. Other than the Blackwater ones, I know of only two in the US and both are dark, dark grey. You certainly won't find details being discussed on an open forum.

If what you're looking for is the straight front axle (rather than the diesel engine), your best bet is probably to do a SAS conversion like Christo Slee and his crew did on "Blueberry". I briefly looked down this road (I was thinking about using both axles from a US-spec FZJ80) and it looked expensive, and a quick scan of Christo's thread confirms that. I don't even know if you can use the 80 series axles with the 2UZ-FE without running a significant lift.

hundos arent made anymore, you know that!

I thought I read someplace that there was something going on with 105s in S.A. and were sold there while they had already stopped elsewhere. Maybe not.

I thought I read someplace that there was something going on with 105s in S.A. and were sold there while they had already stopped elsewhere. Maybe not.

I think you're referring to the 80 series, which was sold in Venezuela until 2007. They switched to the 200 series directly from the 80, skipping the 100.

I think you're referring to the 80 series, which was sold in Venezuela until 2007. They switched to the 200 series directly from the 80, skipping the 100.

umm... no.

105'S stopped being manufactured when 200 series came out , however you'll get alot of second hand one in the market. Prices shot up a bit though (resale value);)

There are heaps in OZ from 1998-2007.. If you guys can get them shipped over you should put a couple in a container...

Cheers fishy

105'S stopped being manufactured when 200 series came out , however you'll get alot of second hand one in the market. Prices shot up a bit though (resale value);)
Importing anything less than 25 years old into the US is a problem.

Importing anything less than 25 years old into the US is a problem.

yup, although from what I understand it's not that it's illegal, it's more that it's very expensive (to get it up (?) to US standards).

interesting that their resale value shot up in S.A. after they were no longer available new. The market has spoken...! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom