Fannin Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyotatrailriders.com
or Lake Fannin, whichever you prefer. :D

Barb is flying to Florida Labor Day weekend to tend to some family business, which leaves me n Butters unsupervised for the weekend.

I am trying to find a place kind of remote where we can just drink beer, swim, and camp. I'll be drinkin' most of the beer, Butters will be doin most of the swimmin.

Sooo- is it permissible to camp at the lake?

Would there be better spots to squat on at the Red River (without getting shot for trespassing)?

Just need to get out of the city and not hear a voice for a couple days...

Chris,
Yeah camping is allowed at Fannin Lake. Don't know how quiet it would be, some of the local kids like to party there :cheers: But most of the natives are friendly. :)

valkyrie610 said:
Thank you sir, good to know.

:eek: I ain't never heard somebody call Murmy "sir"! :doh:

Chris there are two other small lakes within 10 miles from here could even offer you a motor home for the weekend if you need.
this is Fro / let us know sounds like a party:cheers:

There are a couple of other small lakes nearby. Coffee Mill and Crockett. They both are good for camping. Just let us know if you need the motor home or directions. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very cool, I see both of those on the map. Private property? Good swimming?

I sincerely appreciate the offer of the motorhome, but I think Buttercup and I will just sleep in the 80 or the tent.

Which of those two is better for a quiet place to camp & swim?

I'll think I'll take you up on some directions to the best camping areas, those look real inviting! :)

lakesfannincountyac9.png

Last edited:
Lake Crockett is the quietest one. The camping is a bit harder to get to. I'll get Fro to send some directions. The swimming should be better too. :)

Since this first trip, I have now made about 4-5 trips Crockett Lake, and I gotta tell you- it's a family favorite.

Don't want to blow this little secret spot, but if anyone just needs to get away for a quiet weekend, this is as good a spot as you'll find.

Guess who's the first one in? :D

S5000622.jpg

Absolutely deserted....

S5000610.jpg

S5000611.jpg

The happy family:

S5000609.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom