Virginia Campsite help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
A friend of mine and her family (2 kids ages 10 & 12) will be visiting Charlettsville and Williamsburg in August. They are interested in either finding 1 campground between the two or one near each, they will have a pop-up trailer. They want really nice campground: clean, scenic, wooded, pool, grass.... They would go for a tent site rather than as RV site.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

THANKS,

Mark

Sites closer to c'ville will probably be much prettyer. I would start searching sites that are close to Monticello, then out eastward towards Richmond. Lots of Historic little towns and cites along 64 between C'ville and Richmond. Gets less scenic, less wooded, less grassy more sandy the farther east you go

A friend of mine and her family (2 kids ages 10 & 12) will be visiting Charlettsville and Williamsburg in August. They are interested in either finding 1 campground between the two or one near each, they will have a pop-up trailer. They want really nice campground: clean, scenic, wooded, pool, grass.... They would go for a tent site rather than as RV site.

THANKS,

Mark

I have a spot at the shop they can park at but if they wake up in the morning Sprung Over and 38's on the trailer dont come looking for me.

cam

I have a spot at the shop they can park at but if they wake up in the morning Sprung Over and 38's on the trailer dont come looking for me.

cam

I think I'm gonna come on down with my 60, stay the night and see what I'VE got in the morning!

www.mistycamp.com

I drive pass this one on a regular basis. So I swung in today to check it out for ya. I'd highly recommend it. Really cool campground!

Beautiful mountain views from the campsites. Pool, hiking trails, fish pond, creek, basketball court, horse shoes, game room. They have everything from back country camping to cabins. It has a very private/secluded feel, but is also less than 5 minutes from 64. They could be in Shenandoah National park, Blue ridge parkway, Skyline drive, in less than 10 minutes [5 mi.]. George Washington Nat'l Forest isn't far. Be in Charlottesville in 15-20. The small village of Crozet is less than 10 minutes away if they want some good food. Crozet pizza is outstanding. La Cocina is a nice classy little Mexican restaurant. There's a grocery store if they don't want to pay campground prices for supplies.

On a side note, they have some private 4 wheel drive trails! I didn't know that! Nothing crazy [unless you like mudholes].They say they're real popular with the Camp Jeep guys. I'm going to check it out sometime.

Let me know if she has any other questions about the Charlottesville area, things to do, etc.. Scott

There's also some primative camping near wintergreen at crabtree falls, nice little 4x4 trail

THANKS,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom