Lights-On! WARNING (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.automotivematchmakers.com
Had my 100 for about 2 years and every time I leave the lights on after I shut the vehicle off, I DON'T GET A WARNING. I realize I left the headlights on when I walk in-front of it.

I performed a search to no avail. I leaving for about 6 weeks at the end of the month and don´t want to leave the wife with this problem and a possible dead battery,.

Where to start. Fuses? Chimes?.. Where.. :bang:

Thanks.,.

you know, you CAN turn them off manually! In the not too distant past, that was how we all did it...everytime. the 1st time you forget will be the last time you forget.

Had my 100 for about 2 years and every time I leave the lights on after I shut the vehicle off, I DON'T GET A WARNING. I realize I left the headlights on when I walk in-front of it.

I performed a search to no avail. I leaving for about 6 weeks at the end of the month and don´t want to leave the wife with this problem and a possible dead battery,.

Where to start. Fuses? Chimes?.. Where.. :bang:

Thanks.,.
They turn off automatically after a few minutes or you can click your remote twice to lock and turn off the lights.

They turn off automatically after a few minutes or you can click your remote twice to lock and turn off the lights.

Sounds good... But I didn´t receive the OEM Key FOB with the 100. I installed and additional after market PST Alarm System that locks all/unlocks the driver´s side door and a MASTER/VALET Key. If I had the original key, I can see that.

R...

you know, you CAN turn them off manually! In the not too distant past, that was how we all did it...everytime. the 1st time you forget will be the last time you forget.

;) Good one!... Yeah, I remember that!

I wasn't really trying to be a wise-ass. It's just as I'm getting old I realize that when I start relying on technology, I'm going to get stranded sooner than later.

Beautiful thing about cruisers. Instead of a bell or chime or buzzer, they simply turn off. It is not possible to leave them on. You could leave them set to AUTO if you like then you never have to worry about headlights again. Or leave them on all the time and never worry about them again.

Beautiful thing about cruisers. Instead of a bell or chime or buzzer, they simply turn off. It is not possible to leave them on. You could leave them set to AUTO if you like then you never have to worry about headlights again. Or leave them on all the time and never worry about them again.

:beer:

I just leave mine set to auto and have never had any troubles.

I have left my interior lights on occasionally and they magically turn themselves off... I was surprised that my Sister's new Rav4 doesn't have this feature.... even though it is 7+ years newer and cost twice as much as my LC :D

Don't try to out-think the Landcruiser... it knows what is best for you!!! :cheers:

There is one way to accidentally leave them on when they are set on Automatic. I remember parking in a real tight space one time, getting out the back hatch and even locking up. The lights were still on when I returned nearly an hour later. Opening the driver door is what shuts them off when they are on auto. At least on my '99.

my 80 has the auto turn off feature as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom