Anybody have a trailer or car tow bar I can borrow? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at picking up a fj60 parts truck next week? Anyone want to help me tow it or can lend me a car dolly, tow bar... etc...?

You're welcome to borrow my tow bar; you just have to get it from Dave. It's a little scary to use a tow bar so have fun. What are you towing with?

I was basically going to tow a 60 with a 60.... Is this a bad idea?

Maybe a dumb question, but how does the tow bar attach to the vehicle being towed?

I'd also be open to trading some parts for a tow......

where are you picking up the 60? I might be in if I can get a few parts...

bk

I was basically going to tow a 60 with a 60.... Is this a bad idea?

Maybe a dumb question, but how does the tow bar attach to the vehicle being towed?

There are two brackets, and for a 40 they're just bolted to the bumper (nice flat surface). Not sure what you'd need to do for a 60.

I really hate to flat tow but I would do that with a 60 (my last choice). I hate towing with a dolly a little less but I would also do that with a 60 (second choice). I much prefer to trailer but I would not try that with a 60 and absolutely not without a tow vehicle with a brake controller and a trailer with brakes on at least on axle (best choice).

Buy BK a couple of beers (after he gets you home) and let him tow with his Tundra (even better choice).

I own a towing company in MD, pm me and let me know the pick up and drop off info. I should be able to make a good deal.

Wheres the 60 located I maybe can haul it for you are bring up here to your parents place?

Burl

Annapolis to my parents house in Winchester (can't believe they said "sure, you can park it out front!")....

dmttow, you have a PM
BK, its a haul for you and not too sure beers go well with towing... but parts and some brewskis after its off the trailer.!!....
Burl, I image some parts will probably disappear with it parked at my parents house anyway ;) ... What kind of parts you want? We can freak the guy out when you show up with no shirt in Feb! Awesome!

Last edited:
It's a little far for me right now...sorry...

good luck...

bk

Annapolis to my parents house in Winchester (can't believe they said "sure, you can park it out front!")....

do this know what they are gettting themselves into??? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom