Transfer case overhaul question.. split case... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
I don't have time for a complete tear down of the t-case and overhaul as my vehicle is a daily driver at this point. So my question is...

My front output shaft bearing is gone on my t-case. Is it possible to just undo the companion flange nut and pull the flange with seal out. Undo the snap ring and pull the bearing out. Or do you have to press it out.
Any info would be great.:bang:

You gotta pull it all apart. The good news is that is a fairly easy job.

Dynosoar:zilla:

You gotta pull it all apart. The good news is that is a fairly easy job.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Yah forgot to add "that I find it to be"....

Seriously it would take a few days to do a job like that...

Yah forgot to add "that I find it to be"....

Seriously it would take a few days to do a job like that...

I had my case rebuilt in 2 1/2 hours, but I didn't break down the output shaft. It would honestly only take 6-8 hours for a first timer to do the whole thing.

I had my case rebuilt in 2 1/2 hours, but I didn't break down the output shaft. It would honestly only take 6-8 hours for a first timer to do the whole thing.

I assume you rebuilt it while on the truck? I thought the tranny/transfer removal (taking them out of the truck) was pretty hard work. Probably took me 4 hours.

I assume you rebuilt it while on the truck? I thought the tranny/transfer removal (taking them out of the truck) was pretty hard work. Probably took me 4 hours.

Yeah, I did it under the truck. I haven't had the tranny out of mine yet, but I'm looking forward to installing my h55 when it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom