Offroad Trail Question South of Yosemite, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a road just west of Mariposa, Ca called Chowchilla Road. It goes from Bootjack off the 49 up to Wowona, exiting next to a golf course. Anyone ever done it?

Other question: Any good trails up near Yosemite that a stock 62 could do alone for fun? looking for a fun trail to do with my Dad this upcoming weekend.

Thanks.

I believe there's remnants snow above 5,000 ft but I haven't been in the area since summer.

There is a road just west of Mariposa, Ca called Chowchilla Road. It goes from Bootjack off the 49 up to Wowona, exiting next to a golf course. Anyone ever done it?

WOW!!

That brings back memories.
The wife (then GF) and I stayed at the Wowona for a friends wedding. Woke up to the first snow of the season, about 6".

Left the next day in the 2wd toy pre-runner and said "what the hell, lets see where this goes."

Great trail, really supprised where we ended up.

That was a LONG time ago, though. Don't know if it's still accesable.

D'Animal probably knows.

Hite's Cove is a fun ride but it is likely snowed in until spring. That is while it is snowing yesterday and today. I'm not too sure I've noticed your turnoff you mention of the 49. I'll have to pay better attention.

Hite's Cove is a fun ride but it is likely snowed in until spring. That is while it is snowing yesterday and today. I'm not too sure I've noticed your turnoff you mention of the 49. I'll have to pay better attention.

x2 on Hites Cove. I've been down there twice on July 4th, great place to camp for a couple days. Probably snowed in right now.

Definitely closed now but awesome in the summertime, are the fire lookout towers. The folks who staff them get lonely up there and welcome visitors. Of course the views are tremendous, and the roads up are great too.

X2 on the fire lookouts. While in Yellowstone we drove to the ones accessible by some type of road and we would be bring drinks and snacks and hang out. They were happy to see us and we got a tour and some backcountry info that was handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom