Turn signal help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just bought a 95. all the turn signals work except the front corner signals next to the headlights. i put new bulbs in and it didn't fix the problem. i checked the 7.5 fuse and it's good... what could it be? both the rear turn signal and the signals at the very front work though.

thanks

Those aren't turn signals, merely marker lights that come on in the as part of the parking lamps/headlamps.

i just bought a 95. all the turn signals work except the front corner signals next to the headlights. i put new bulbs in and it didn't fix the problem. i checked the 7.5 fuse and it's good... what could it be? both the rear turn signal and the signals at the very front work though.

thanks

Those aren't turn signals, merely marker lights that come on in the as part of the parking lamps/headlamps.

I think those are just parking or clearance lights. If not, mine have never worked on my '94 either. Don't matter, I've got more in the ARB. By the way, welcome to MUD :flipoff2:

If you guys want to make that marker light to be a turn signal light then follow this technical instruction: Slee - Indicator Light Modification (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

thanks everyone... i appreciate your time.... ii'm going to have to get my hands on the owner's manual......

thanks again.....

If you guys want to make that marker light to be a turn signal light then follow this technical instruction: Slee - Indicator Light Modification (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

Hey, thanks 4x4CPOSEADOG! Neat mod! I think I see a way to modify their instructions to utilize that CALTERM 08584 GM 908 degree angle Socket they say to add and not have to cut a new hole. The new socket has 2 circuits in it, right? Why not cut the original single circuit socket off and wire new socket for the parking on one circuit and blinker on the other. Get the correct dual function bulb and presto, your single function lamp now has dual functions. Kind of like the old combo tail light, brake and blinker that so many US made cars had.

I have a high intensity cornering light that comes on when I signal with the head lights on. It illuminates the curb in a rectangular pattern on the side selected. This is on a hdj81 and looks factory. Really useful. An option on the 80 series perhaps?

I checked a NAPA store for the socket that Slee's instructions called out. It was not in stock and there was no substitute. But, I found out something useful: all those twist in sockets are not the same diameter or size. So my idea from post#6 is on hold. Being as I'm out of town and don't have my 80 with me.

PS: Not trying to hijack thread, just help.

i appreciate it. it's a mod that i will be doing once i get all the other small bits taken care of.

i appreciate it. it's a mod that i will be doing once i get all the other small bits taken care of.

UPDATE:
OK, I'm back to my 80, and checked existing socket for the front corner parking lights. Went down to NAPA and got me a couple of dual function sockets and bulbs to re-wire these lights. I will document and show pics as needed. My plan is to slightly modify existing hole to accept new dual function socket and tap into existing blinker wiring to add new blinker circuit. Won't be able to get to it till next week, though, due to family commitments this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom