Blunder Prevention - Realtime - Where to run the ARM loom? Yup - searched already... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JeffJ60

Carb-loading since the 80's.
Threads
In the middle of it all and thought to myself, "only a thousand people have done this before, why ponder over the best place to run the loom when there's a MUDCYCLOPEDIA online."

Sadly, after searching a LOT I found zero pics of where to run the loom... volumes of recos on what to run for lights, but nada on where the best loom path lies...

Mounted the fuse and relays close enough to the battery, but should I run the loom across the front of the radiator? What is best practice here?

Thanks!

x2.. what is an arm loom?

if you are asking about fog light wires: the wire/s goes thru the firewall "plug" on the drivers side.... across the firewall (zip ties).... down the passanger side quater(zip ties).... under the rad... to the bumper... I have a metal mesh loom on the wire/s.

my bad guys... I type as well as I wrench!

The ARB loom / harness (ARB M002) for the H4 headlights is the goal... I know the ARB loom utilizes the existing loom, and that is throwing me off a bit as to where to mount the ARB loom to reach whatever needs to be reached. So my questions are,
1. The ARB loom runs where (back of the firewall?)
2. Where does the existing loom connect to the ARM loom? pics?

Man, nothing like memorializing my ineptness on a forum...

Thanks for your help!

my bad guys... I type as well as I wrench!

The ARB loom / harness (ARB M002) for the H4 headlights is the goal... I know the ARB loom utilizes the existing loom, and that is throwing me off a bit as to where to mount the ARB loom to reach whatever needs to be reached. So my questions are,
1. The ARB loom runs where (back of the firewall?)
2. Where does the existing loom connect to the ARM loom? pics?

Man, nothing like memorializing my ineptness on a forum...

Thanks for your help!

I think you are talking about the upgrade to the headlights that gets power directly from the battery. There is actually a perfect diagram in the instructions. The loom plugs into 1 plug of the old headlight, is connected to the battery, and to 3 relays that you need to mount in the engine compartment. then the loom supplies 2 new 3 prong sockets for your headlights. really easy. I don't have pics, but you really don't need any.
cheers,
J

Got it... Thanks everyone.

Best keep my day job.

The H4's are BRIGHT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom