New Project 63 Chevy 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I always wanted one of these it's a 63 chevy half ton 4x4 short wheel base. I worked for a farmer when I was a teenager and he bought a new one, was the first new truck I ever drove. Thought I would share. Got the new frame blasted and POR 15ed, it's out in the snow, the cab is nearly finished some minor body work and paint and it goes on the frame, then I can strip the doner start work on the mechanicals.
63 chevy 002resize.jpg
63 chevy 006resize.jpg
63 chevy 004resize.jpg

More progress

Got the cab on the frame, pulled the engine and tranny out of the donor, removed some of the parts from the frame on the donor truck time to prime sand and paint the fire wall and the interior.
63 chevy 006.jpg
63 chevy 005resize.jpg
63 chevy 004.jpg

A few more shots

Pulled the 292 and the sm420, took them down for a cleaning, the engine had great compression and good oil pressure so I'm going to use it for a while, the tranny had no shavings and the oil looked great, I'll take off the inspection cover later and see how the insides are. I have another all rebuilt may have to use it, Larry
63 chevy 011resize.jpg
63 chevy 012.jpg

Have done some work, finished the body work on the truck cab, bed yet to go, I rebuilt the drive lines, installed the transfercase, new pinion seals, rebuilt the brakes, getting ready to install the engine and tranny usisng the engine to get the motor mounts right, next body work on all the other sheet metal and paint. Put in the PS box as well.
63 chevy 006resize.jpg
63 chevy 011resize.jpg
63 chevy 010resize.jpg

Worked on the fenders yesterday, patched some holes and replaced partof the rear braces on the fenders, a little filler then roll on primer then block it and start on the doors and the hood.
63 chevy 017resize.jpg
63 chevy 018resize.jpg
63 chevy 019resize.jpg

I finished the body work on the fenders ready to prime, rebuilt the carb and new fuel pump, re-did the brakes drive lines and the diffs, started the bed side, patched the lower rear and next week I'll reskin the doors.
P1010026resize.JPG
P1010025resize.JPG

I finished the body work on the fenders ready to prime, rebuilt the carb and new fuel pump, re-did the brakes drive lines and the diffs, started the bed side, patched the lower rear and next week I'll reskin the doors.

Ooooooh , fleetsides are very kooool

Rob

I ran across a good running 327 out of a 63 corvette, I may go with it but the 6 runs great so I may stay with it for now, we'll see how much the paint costs, cheers, Larry

I replaced some of the bracing on the radiator and the inner fenders, painted them and hung them on the truck with the fenders so I could see where the doors might need to go. Started to grind off the bolts on the old bed strips to get rid of the old wood as well. I stuffed the seat in for storage it's going to snow and my wife wanted to put her car in the garage. I also wanted to sit in it just to see what it was like. More later, cheers, Larry