Thanksgiving Sunday wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
Meeting 9am at the Basha's in Gold Canyon

the plan is to go into Telegraph Canyon and come out by Ajax - the latter has all bypasses for those who do not like the big rocks

eye plan to be there - one of my faves. Can run from 4 to 12 hours...do ya think we can find the begining of the trail without Spike?

eye plan to be there - one of my faves. Can run from 4 to 12 hours...do ya think we can find the begining of the trail without Spike?

Nope. We'll probably just do figure 8's in the quarry...:steer:

we already warned the Blazer guys that we would circle around a bit :p

BTW, for those who have not been there, Telegraph is relatively stocker friendly

ya know, in thinking about it 4 hours would be race pace - 12 lost and carnage. I don't want to mislead anyone. Ive been off that run at 8:00 at nite and 3:00 in the afternoon. There are no restrooms:rolleyes:, but it is a really nice scenic run. Of course the creekbed on Ajax can offer many challenges:bounce2: and the road running parallel offers the opportunity to watch:D

Phil - are you gonna show up?

[/quote]the plan is to go into Telegraph Canyon and come out by Ajax - the latter has all bypasses for those who do not like the big rocks[/quote]

Is this the Telegraph Line Rd #45 trail and Ajax Mine #51 in the Wells book? Just wondering as they don't look close enough together to go in one and come out the other?

Paul

[/quote]
Is this the Telegraph Line Rd #45 trail and Ajax Mine #51 in the Wells book? Just wondering as they don't look close enough together to go in one and come out the other? [/quote]

No - Telegraph Canyon starts in Superior by the High School and is not in the Wells book. It is in Massey's Backcountry Adventures book.

boy was it nice out today :D

I had so much fun :steer: even at the 'hairy' spot :lol:

pics to follow, just came home from dinner at Macayo's

boy was it nice out today :D

I had so much fun :steer: even at the 'hairy' spot :lol:

pics to follow, just came home from dinner at Macayo's

X2, great times all weekend!:cheers:

Will get some pix loaded this week.:eek:

Thanks again for a great 3 days out in the desert. :steer: :grinpimp:

Kevin, here's the first try of an HDR image from the tripod shenanigans; 5 pix at 1 stop increments from 2 below to 2 above. The image suffers a bit from MUD compression, but I like how it resolves all the details in the mountain ranges in the background. I've attached one of the source images below (+1)
DSC_326x_tonemapped_2.jpg
DSC_3267_a.jpg

Thanks again for a great 3 days out in the desert. :steer: :grinpimp:

Kevin, here's the first try of an HDR image from the tripod shenanigans; 5 pix at 1 stop increments from 2 below to 2 above. The image suffers a bit from MUD compression, but I like how it resolves all the details in the mountain ranges in the background. I've attached one of the source images below (+1)

Looks good!

Here's Rob trying a ledge in Ajax...
DSC_3339.jpg
DSC_3341.jpg
DSC_3347.jpg

three more...Carl and Kevin in Ajax
DSC_3301.jpg
DSC_3316.jpg
DSC_3322.jpg

...and the views were pretty awesome all day...despite the fact that MUD does a few strange things to my pic files...
DSC_3215.jpg
DSC_3240.jpg
DSC_3221.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom