You know you have cruiser issues when... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Youre on the verge of divorce after spending every minute of time you can swindle from your family, spent money which could have easily paid for a month long european vacation, and snuck countless parts home so you can finish your fj40 restoration.
Youre almost finished when low and behold...

you find another one.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Its a 1/78. Fuel injected, 350 v8, 5 speed, with power steering. Im seeing myself with two options: sell the '76 i've sweated on for the past 4 years which is now totally rebuilt and start over on this one. Or... keep the 76 with the 2f and sugar coat the 78 and make a little money. I know the 78 will be a more comfotable ride but I dont know if Im up for another marathon restoration.

What do you guys think I should do?
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Bad day I was feeling the same pain in August. Now I have (kind of )repaid the family debt. But I am looking for a winter project. In reality they have taken over the house. They are used to finding you in the garage. In some kind of contorted position. You have all the excuses made up. Just reuse them. If you were not caught the first time try again. Two awesome Cruisers better than none. Besides it is an awesome investment!:hillbilly:

you made the right decision!!!

Whatever makes the 78 more comfortable, put that into the 76 so ur :)

A little powdered sugar among strangers never hurt anybody :D

' Time ' ...is my most precious commodity ;)

Being in the garage might be why you are still married. I should have stayed in there more, I might not be in the middle of a divorce now.

Yeah, right.

:hmm:

Being in the garage might be why you are still married. I should have stayed in there more, I might not be in the middle of a divorce now.

I use that all the time.."at least I'm home". Sorry about your situation. Good Luck.

The ideal situation would be to keep both but with that being impossible due to space and the :princess: Ive decided to keep the new cruiser and part company with the '76. Its gonna hurt but its not like Im cruiserless.

I guess Ill be starting a build thread on this new project but for now a couple questions:

1.Which fuel pump will satisfy the tpi injection while not being too loud? Ive read a lot of reccomendations by searching but I'd hate to spend a lot of money on a pump and not be able to hear the radio.
2. Did my 1/78 come with auto locking front hubs? It has them now, they are Toyota hubs but Im a little nervous about them, Id rather have a set of warns'. Are the auto's reliable?

Thanks again everyone.:cheers:

oh man i know the feeling ..i passed on a 60 2 weeks ago guy called back made me a screamin deal....mama say we dont have any room...ha

I have the same problem, my x-girlfriend affectionately used to call it my other girlfriend or the other bitch.:). I say keep them both but the friction in the household may overwhelm you, good choice

got the next door neighbor into cruisers. two years later, she wanted a divorce. she got the house, he got the cruiser. he was happy.

you're not having cruiser issues - you are having wife issues :rolleyes:

sorry to hear, good luck :cheers:

although, granted, in NJ, you could have any issue :hillbilly: :flipoff2:

I wish I had the issue of having 2 rigs in the garage right now! I am a little lucky though, the :princess: decided that she was tired of packing all the junk in the 40 for camping and said we could scoop a 60 up for the room. At least if divorce came up I would be able to stretch my 6'3 a$$ in the back of the 60!:clap:

LOL!

I have seven FJ's and a CJ-8 and a CJ-101. That does not count the Tow rigs.

My Wife is still happy.

Jeesh, I suppose you could use an intervention.;) Youre a lucky guy.

I was using divorce as a figure of speach though, the wife is fine. I told her I'd take the money out of my Ameritrade account and double the investment when I sell it (knowing that would give me more time to persuade her to let me keep them both). The real reason I need to lose one is that her car is a diesel, dare I say Jeep Liberty, and it starts a little better during the winter when it spends the night inside.

Anybody have any insight on the questions I asked in my last post? I need to start scavenging some parts.
thanks
jeff

I told my wife it's either the cruiser or a girlfriend.
Use the 78 as a donor truck to upgrade the 76, Keep the motor for future projects and part out the rest of the 78

Flip the rusted turd with the bastard engine. Drive and enjoy the nice one.

Jeff,

Pretty sure they should be manual locking hubs. I can check my 78 tonight i may have a set i could possibly part with. Where in Jersey are you located? Im on the otherside of the river in PA and have quite a few parts if you're in need of anything.

Dan

snce 1971 ive done the same thing 61 times and am only on second wife of over 20 years.bought her a 69 rag top imported from california. she even likes it and still has it good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom