Fox Shox 2.0's Are On! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fox 2.0 10" travel, 26" extended, 30 compression, 70 rebound:
IMG_1654.jpg

With eye adapters, Pro Crap brand, compared lengths to "L" shocks:
IMG_1655.jpg

Mounted, with a simple resi mount, uncomplicated:
IMG_1656.jpg

OMG!!!! What a difference in the ride! No more harshness, no more shocks with too much compression damping. Tested them on dirt roads an shoulders. Rears to follow!

Last edited:
I have been eyeing these shocks for a while. Driven in a bunch of Super Duties with these shocks and the ride was pretty darn nice. Were they about $500 for all 4?

I paid $270 for the first pair, new, shipped! Second set will be valved similar for the rear, won't be as cheap.

I still can't believe the ride. I cannot count the days until the rears are on. I am finishing the rear lower mounts the first week of Nov. when I am back from my mtn. bike vacation in AZ. Naturally, there I will be riding state-of-the art dual-suspension bikes with Fox Shox front and rear!

still not too bad. I really like the ride with those. On a crew cab super duty with those shocks and lifted a thousand feet in the air, washboard roads felt the same as asphalt.

Where did you get the shocks from?

nice. how does the valving compare to the 380 valving on the biltein 7100's

I don't konw, it is measured differently. Fox has their own tables on compression and rebound. They have their valving shims measured in certain thicknesses, with their own diameters, which go in a certain order, to assemble or make a valve stack. The numbers are kind of generic until you decipher them on their table. Compression and rebound numbers go from 30 to 90, the higher the number, the increased damping. The numbers do not have to add up to 100, or be in a ratio-format. All I know, is that that it is in the ballpark for the Ctruiser, according to 2 different techs at Fox. They look to be easier to rebuild than Fox bike suspension forks!

Where did you get the shocks from?

I got the fronts from rough country, on closeout on their flea-bay store.

Looks like tomorrow I will order the rears from Downsouthmotorsports.com. They will valve them to my specs for the price of $180 per shock.

Awesome. OME shocks are mediocre. You get a good shock and it is a world of difference.

Glad to hear the Fox worked out, I thought that might be a good solution. I just don't have enough lift to run a straight 10" shock with eye adapters, but the extended length on your lift looks perfect. That's going to be a good setup :steer:

And those are pretty simple! Knowing how smooth and buttery Fox MTB suspension is, I wish I had enough lift to run these :doh:

Your option on a smaller lift is the short body Bilstein 7100. It take close to 2" of the compressed length, which means you get the same result on a 3.5" lift in terms of up/down travel.

I cannot count the days until the rears are on. I am finishing the rear lower mounts the first week of Nov.

Just curious why you're making rear lower mounts as the eye will go over the oem lower shock stud.
Rear_fox_uzj100_2 small.jpg

Fox has post top/ eye bottom shocks. Check the 100 tech section.

I ordered the rears today from Downsouth Motorsports in CA. The guy I spoke with is going to do a 35/80 valving and change the 1/2" heims to polys, 3/4" for the rear lowers, and a 1/2" seamless bushing in a 5/8" poly for the upper, so the road grime won't kill them. With just the upper adapters for eyes, they will be a bolt-in affair
smile.gif

I will prolly change the fronts to poly bushings if the road grime starts killing the lower heim.

What is reaaly neato: is that he can take a Fox shock that was designed for a vehicle-specific application, i.e., stud mounts, and valve them so they would directly bolt on without any adapters. Way cool.

Got the rears on

I got the rears today, oh what a difference in the ride. No harshness from OME. I did a wheeling trip this last weekend and their is a huge night and day difference. I will mount the resi where it is out of the way of the LCA:
FoxShoxRear.jpg

nice job dude. It's cool that the ID of the shock ushing allows to go right over the stock lower shock stud.

shock valving is very critical as you found out.

Awesome setup. The 80 clearly really benefits from a truly high end shock, and I'm not talking about Bilstein 5100's.

Awesome setup. The 80 clearly really benefits from a truly high end shock, and I'm not talking about Bilstein 5100's.

I'd include the 5100s in the "high end shock" spectrum as the valving is quite nice for the mild lifted 80's.

I'd include the 5100s in the "high end shock" spectrum as the valving is quite nice for the mild lifted 80's.

Yes, the 5100's are nice :D

The remote res with customizable valving would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom