Handpresso Wild Portable Espresso Maker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Ok...a little update for those that just can't do without their espresso in the morning or afternoon out there on the byways...or anywhere you can't haul your 120V espresso maker along.

I put my order in for the new French designed Handpresso back in June. After a couple initial manufacturing delays it finally arrived in September. Since then I've put it to the test by making espressos, cappuccinos and lattes for myself and my friends. I also purchased the nicely made and form fitting padded nylon zippered case with my Handpresso.

It works just like their website promised: Quick, easy, no mess and most of all respectable espresso complete with crema. Although the E.S.E. pre-ground and measured "pucks" don't rival freshly ground its convenience and no-mess dosage makes it ideal for the road and off-road traveller.

Utilizing a Jet-Boil for the hot water you can have a single shot of tasty espresso in just a few minutes. And clean up involves wiping or quickly rinsing the crema residue from the bottom of the "portafilter" housing.

Bottom line: The Handpresso works as advertised and provides a tasty trail side espresso in a matter of minutes conveniently and cleanly.

I do not have any affiliation with either the parent company of Handpresso nor WholeLatteLove: But here is more info for those that might be interested in this product:

Manufacturer:
Handpresso - Premium quality espresso, anywhere

Stateside retailer:
Handpresso Manual Espresso Machine

I'm confused, are you making coffee or smoking it?

3006pd.gif

I might be missing something..............:hmm:

So you carry this modified high tech bicycle air pump with you to even carry some warm water with you......just to put some pads in the *Thing* to have a warm espresso?

How about a old skool OEM Espressomaker?
Relags%20Espresso%20Maker%20Bellanapoli_1_t.jpg

No pads needed, water will be HOT not just warm and you can leave all trash (used espresso) in the woods.

I mean its a nice gimmick but...........:meh: ......ok maybe i am missing the point?

I might be missing something..............:hmm:

So you carry this modified high tech bicycle air pump with you to even carry some warm water with you......just to put some pads in the *Thing* to have a warm espresso?

How about a old skool OEM Espressomaker?
Relags%20Espresso%20Maker%20Bellanapoli_1_t.jpg

No pads needed, water will be HOT not just warm and you can leave all trash (used espresso) in the woods.

I mean its a nice gimmick but...........:meh: ......ok maybe i am missing the point?

Not an espresso drinker are ya?

Not an espresso drinker are ya?

Maybe i am just to close to italy and a lot to old skool.....;)
Come on.......pads.....whats next......instant espresso??

My favorite is Lavazza Crema e Gusto

Maybe i am just to close to italy and a lot to old skool.....;)
Come on.......pads.....whats next......instant espresso??

My favorite is Lavazza Crema e Gusto

I've been using a SS moka pot/stove top espresso maker for quite awhile whilst on the road/trail. And although it does produce good concentrated coffee its time consuming and water wasting to clean and a general hassle for more than one brew.

Additionally, while on our Death Valley trip a couple weeks ago, several of us were wanting that oh-so-great espresso in the middle of the afternoon out in the middle of nowhere and it was literally 5-minutes from prep to crema topped espresso. Same deal in the middle of the afternoon on the opening day of Chukar season last weekend...sure was nice! And it produces HOT espresso: Its all relative to the water temp you pour into the bowl.

But I hear ya...I would have had the same response as you regarding a gucci device like this and the required manufactured pods not that long ago. But for now: I like this thing!

yup, unless space is a super premium, a tiny backpacking stove and the real tiny espresso maker shown above and you're golden. Plus then tea, ramen, soups and all are equally feasible... mmmm.... :)

not to mention that you put the maker on the stove, and everybody sits around and watches and chats... good people times...!

To each his own but still.......that thing ......brought something up my mind...

If we might meet up one day you have to make a brew with that *Thing* :cheers:

Say what you like about spressomon's passion for making trail Expresso but the man makes a mean brew. The next time you're camping with him, see how quickly a line forms in front of his tent with the wives holding empty cups for their morning shot!

if your into it, the taste, and feel of the coffee is different when extruded at high pressure. Moka pots build good pressure but the pumps really do it, i've tried them both but am pretty happy with a mild coffee blend so i dont notice too much difference except in strength of the brew, now beer however,,,,,,,,

That thing is bad to the bone!

Thanks for the shots!
ken

That thing is bad to the bone!

Thanks for the shots!
ken

Ya Mon...anytime you want to be co-pilot of the 'spressorig again you'll get espresso shots :D.

Say what you like about spressomon's passion for making trail Expresso but the man makes a mean brew. The next time you're camping with him, see how quickly a line forms in front of his tent with the wives holding empty cups for their morning shot!

Ain't that the truth...:D

Jack

Beware!!!
This man is evil!!!!

He introduces you to guilty and expensive pleasures!

Damn him for giving me my first shot of Zaya!!!

:flipoff2:

sorta on the topic,,, i was wandering around walmart today killing time and saw a MOKA pot on the shelf, but it was a modern version and all stainless. best part was the sub $20 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom