Tube doors for the 80/450 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So is there any interest for some tube doors for the LC? I am breaking out the bender this week and fabbing up some for the mini truck guys and I was wondering if anyone would be interesed in a set (front or front and rear) for their 80/450. They will have the same style and rake to them as seen on Extremetoy1's 83 pickup.(trying to load pics)

The doors have a spring loaded latch to keep it secured and it will bolt to factory hinges. I will try and make a plug to hold the factory plug idle to the door (the pwr wndws and door lock and speaker plug that goes INTO the door) and they are made out of chrominium molybdenum (chromoly steel for weight savings) I am just testing the waters for any interest in them.

sorry cant load pics right now - will do first thing in the AM

Last edited:
This thread is a few years old so Im wondering if anyone has yet to put tube frame doors on their 80. I would love to do this some day as a nonpermanent, summertime thing. Id make them myself if I had the means. Anybody know if this has been done yet?

I would surmise the OEM doors are an integral part of the collision protection design...

I have several sets of doors and thought of making half doors. I do like the a/c though.

I seem to recall someone mentioning that they wheeled a summer without their doors on, and couldn't get them lined up properly when they went to put them on in the winter. :doh:

Think of the less weight of all four doors...seriously, you would loose probably 300 lbs. That would help mileage possibly....OK, maybe I'm reaching a bit....but you never know.
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom