Northern Cal Bay area Windshield source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shermantank55

SILVER Star
Threads
Ive been waiting at the house for 2 hours for safelite auto glass to show up. They just called and said they don't have my windshield and can't get it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone know where to get a windshield here locally for a 1970 FJ 40? Even used?

Thanks

Ive been waiting at the house for 2 hours for safelite auto glass to show up. They just called and said they don't have my windshield and can't get it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone know where to get a windshield here locally for a 1970 FJ 40? Even used?

Thanks
Howdy! FJ 40 front glass is flat. All they need is a pattern to cut it from. Most shops should be able to do this. John

Try TAP recycling. They're located outside of Sacramento.

Try Walnut Creek Toyota. I think the glass is still available from the dealer and not too expensive. No TLCA discount, but they typically give me 10% off if I ask/mention TLCA. For local dealers in the Contra Costa area, they are about the best to deal with.

Brian

Try Walnut Creek Toyota. I think the glass is still available from the dealer and not too expensive. No TLCA discount, but they typically give me 10% off if I ask/mention TLCA. For local dealers in the Contra Costa area, they are about the best to deal with.

Brian

He has an early windshield which Toyota no longer carries the glass for, the later glass is larger. Just remove your windshield and take it to a glass place to get a new one cut.

theres a hot rod custom glass shop in livermore that did mine for150. came out great.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-seri...windshield-glass-avaiable-san-diego-area.html

EDIT: do'h,, - North Cal, not North County.

windsheild.jpg

Just had a windshield cut out from my windshield frame for my 73 at
All Star Glass
1950 Oceanside Blvd. #A,
Oceanside, CA 92054
(800) 761-9032

They kept a template for this so if you get the weather stripping and key, they should be able to drive over and put one in for ya.
I get no kick backs and have no affiliation with them, so negotiate your own price, but if you need one, I found it to be a good transaction.

He has an early windshield which Toyota no longer carries the glass for, the later glass is larger. Just remove your windshield and take it to a glass place to get a new one cut.

Like John, this is what I'd suggest. Take your windshield out and bring it to a local glass shop. The early windshield is 7/16" shorter in height that those after '75. A local auto glass shop can cut a new one AND install it for you.

I know Specter Off Road sells them, but I'm not sure if they'll ship them because of breakage. If you were closer, I'd just make you one myself.

Gene

I've asked about a discount and got a blank stare and a solid, "nope".

Always worked for me for the past 10+ years as I spent couple grands there, I even remembered many of guys who ran the part counters and the discount code. They ask to see your TLCA membership card though.

Actually MTA and Stevens Creek Toyota sponsor an event this weekend or something like that, let me recheck the calendar, I got an invitation mail from MTA.

Actually MTA and Stevens Creek Toyota sponsor an event this weekend or something like that, let me recheck the calendar, I got an invitation mail from MTA.

Ah, I was thinking about Capitol Toyota.

You're right about the MTA event. It's Saturday at 10am at SCT.

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who provided advice. I have called a couple shops and they are willing to cut me a windshield, despite the fact I don't have an old one for a template. One shop says $450 and one says $225. I tried the factory route and the NOS windshield is $550 or so list price.

I'm going to try the $225 route and see how it goes.

Greg

Hey Greg -

I'm in Concord and have the windshield from my '68 sitting in my garage waiting to have someone cut a new one. Let me know if you want to use it as a template - We could have them cut 2 instead of one and prolly save a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom