Snorkel kit on Weber Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day guys. I have an 85 FJ60. I purchased the TLC with a Weber carb. Now I wanna install the Safari Snorkel Kit but this is what's gonna happen.

As soon as I replace the air filter with the Weber Snorkel Kit I will have no air filter, and the Safari Snorkel Kit does not come with one.

What can I do in order to get a air filter here. Remember I bouth the truck as shown in the pic.

These pics show the weber carb as it is installed in my FJ60 and the weber kit

Thanks
Engine weber pic.jpg
Weber Snorkel Kit.jpg

Anyone can gimme a hand here. Any Ideas? I was thinkinf about installinf the air filter canister from an fj62, the canister alone.

Anyone can gimme a hand here. Any Ideas? I was thinkinf about installinf the air filter canister from an fj62, the canister alone.
Howdy! Might have to make up a custom air box. Find a filter that fits in the area ahead of the brake master. Could even go vertical. Bend up some sheet metal to make a box. If you need help with the fab work, check out your local heating and A/C shop. They do this kind of stuff a lot. John

Thanks John. I'll see. I might even get a sock and put it somewhere between the kit and the snorkel.

I was thinking something like this

Just the air filter canister located on the left by the PS.
FJ62.jpg

Last edited:
one idea

Maybe you could run something like this with an air filter on top of it similar to the kind they put on heavy equipment. This is what Bret (the owner posted up.

"Here is one out of exhaust tubing, went together pretty easy. It's a 40 but the same principle may apply to the 60's."

The second pict is of a Massey Ferguson 375S. Most of the heavy equipment I've been around has an air filter assembly much like the one on the tractor in the pict

For more ideas try using the search feature on this site,it can be very helpful.
Welcome to Mud.

look at post #8
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/230555-anybody-seen-these-snorkels.html
Snorkel small.jpg
Massey_Ferguson_375_s.jpg

If you can score a 62 filter assembly then you can use a 62 application snorkel, and plumb the carb hat to the 62 filter can's filtered air outlet.

You can get pre-breather like filters for the top of the snorkel but its not really the best protection.

You can get pre-breather like filters for the top of the snorkel but its not really the best protection.
Good pre-filter for getting out the large chunks, but not really a filter capable of delivering clean air to the engine.

I loved my Weber, and I loved it even more when I got rid of that cheesy air cleaner. If you take off your air cleaner and drive down the street, you'll find it runs considerably stronger, meaning that your AC isn't big enough. So whatever you do, get a bigger filter.

Mini-van air box right up in the corner under the wiper motor. I can't remember which mini van (sorry), but the box is about shoe size x 6-8" deep. Then you can get a K&N filter for it and be off and running deep.

Mini-van air box right up in the corner under the wiper motor. I can't remember which mini van (sorry), but the box is about shoe size x 6-8" deep. Then you can get a K&N filter for it and be off and running deep.
Howdy! I should have thought of that. I have a 98 Chevy Astro and the air box on that should fit OK. John

Thanks guys, I am doing my research on line. Any of you guys can provide me with pictures of this adaptations????

Thanks a ton

Aussy setups are the way to go. Only prob is sourcing parts from OZ.

can source in the states from specter, but we know what that entail$$$$$$. but ck anyway.

a freind of mine purchased a bj42 aircleaner for around 150. wfilter element from specter.

i sourced my aircleaner from canada right here on the forum.

ck out a guy mud named "fromage" do not use "exmodlad".

can source in the states from specter, but we know what that entail$$$$$$. but ck anyway.

a freind of mine purchased a bj42 aircleaner for around 150. wfilter element from specter.

i sourced my aircleaner from canada right here on the forum.

ck out a guy mud named "fromage" do not use "exmodlad".

I got all my parts from Australia. It took about a month and at most a third the cost of what $or wanted.
(Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Page 801-Clearance Items)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom