Fuse block diagram for 78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone post a fuse block diagram that's specific to 1978? I'm still trying to locate specific manuals for 78 (reprints seem a bit too general).

Thanks

Wiring diagram for a 78 FJ40

PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF of the factory wiring schematic.:cheers:

Like a pic of the fuse box cover with the labels?

I wish you could buy just the cover new...

The info you want isn't in the manual anyway. The PDF is exactly what's in the FSM.

Why not just pop 'em out one at a time and see what stops working?

I have a '76 with a fuse box cover, don't know it it will be the same as US fuse boxes, I think mine is an ECE emmisions type which is different to US but I will take a picture and post it next time I see the truck.

Hmmm... time flies, forgot about this one.

Took some pictures and it reminded me how much I want to work on this truck - it's so complete, even found the cranking handle under the passenger seat - didn't know it was there.

As to the Avatar - that was my dad 30 years ago in Papua New Guinea. He hit a soft spot in the river in that HJ45. I think he cut the engine before the water reached the filter, had to be towed out with big Toyota truck. Someone at the yacht club made a cool t shirt that had something like that image and Lumi Yacht Club - Lumi was along way inland.
DSC01146.jpg
DSC01149.jpg

The FSM does have the info of the fuse locations and which circuit it belongs to.

Relacement Fuse Box Covers

My 78 FJ 40 is missing the fuse box cover, and it looks like there are a good many others with the same problem. Does anyone know where to get replacements? If someone with the know-how would consider making a bunch of them for a reasonable $, I would be wanting one and maybe a backup as well.
DSC00672.jpg

I wish you could buy just the cover new...

Relacement Fuse Box Covers

My 78 FJ 40 is missing the fuse box cover, and it looks like there are a good many others with the same problem. Does anyone know where to get replacements? If someone with the know-how would consider making a bunch of them for a reasonable $, I would be wanting one and maybe a backup as well.
View attachment 269030

Many years later...the '78 fuse box cover is now available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom