A gap in the time line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found an official Toyota time line and here is my question. Does anyone know why there is a 20,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,200, series land cruisers but no 30 series. This has me scratching my head. Is the number 30 bad luck in the Japanese culture? Please enlighten me
Corporate Archive: TOYOTA LAND CRUISER TIMELINE

There actually is a 30 series, but it is more rare than the 2x series. I think they were 35 or 37 long wheel base troop transport models, but I am going on thin info. Try the Toyota Heritage site: Landcruiser Heritage Minisite

Brian

*edit: looked at the web site, it's a 4 door similar to the J45 series, with the corrugated side.*

Hey Jonny,

The FJ35 is the only model of the entire 30 series. It was made for only 6 months in 1960, with a total production of just 60 vehicles. The FJ35 was a transitional vehicle and had the body of the early FJ45LV with the hood, front fenders, aprons, bib, hood emblem, front bumper, wheels, and drivetrain of the FJ25. A 1960 FJ35 sales brochure tells us it came in both FJ35V and LV models.
Original 1960 FJ35 front.jpg
Original 1960 FJ35 back.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jonny,

The FJ35 is the only model of the entire 30 series. It was made for only 6 months in 1960, with a total production of just 60 vehicles. The FJ35 was a transitional vehicle and had the body of the early FJ45LV with the hood, front fenders, aprons, bib, hood emblem, front bumper, wheels, and drivetrain of the FJ25. A 1960 FJ35 sales brochure tells us it came in both FJ35V and LV models.

And the difference between the V and the LV would be?

Since I'm sure a lot of us missed it, here's the FJ28 thread from the 25 forum. Seemed like a good place for it.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/207490-fj28-pics.html

:princess:(as requested by my daughter who's standing over my shoulder)

V= Van (right hand drive)
LV= Lefthand drive Van

Here are the 2 pages from the 1960 brochure. Lots of info on page 2. Click on pics to enlarge.

http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/images/print/conestoga@tritel.net/1960_FJ35V-1.jpg

http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/images/print/conestoga@tritel.net/1960_FJ35V-2.jpg

23 minutes into today and I've already learned something. I still think the LV's are ugly as sin. Not a big fan of corrugated....... anything. But that's me.

I still think the LV's are ugly as sin. Not a big fan of corrugated....... anything. But that's me.

I think the LV's are the best looking Cruiser made. Love that corrugated metal!

too the Jeep forum you go :D

23 minutes into today and I've already learned something. I still think the LV's are ugly as sin. Not a big fan of corrugated....... anything. But that's me.

Here's the only other pic of an original FJ35 that I know of. The quality is bad, but it gives us a lot of info.
If you guys looked at page 1 of the brochure, you probably noticed the picture of the FJ35 is just an artists concept painting and is not really very accurate.
FJ35 interior.jpg

Have just found a fj28 soft top ute, orig engine (chev, before the f series engine), missing carby and air cleaner, orig single speed transfer and some work needed to the ute floor, min rust as it was sitting in broken hill (outback australia) for 30 years on a farm,

will post some pic when i get them,
Anyone interested??
PM me

Last edited:
I'm interested. Why not post them in the 25 forum I sure everybody there would enjoy them too.

Have just found a fj28 soft top ute, orig engine (chev, before the f series engine), missing carby and air cleaner, orig single speed transfer and some work needed to the ute floor, min rust as it was sitting in broken hill (outback australia) for 30 years on a farm,

will post some pic when i get them,
Anyone interested??
PM me

do you meen this one:
Toyota Landcruiser FJ28 - a set on Flickr

post #7 :) https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/207490-fj28-pics.html

Where's Johnny C when you need him?

No more star + no money = No pictures :frown:

SAD....... Just sitting in some guys barn rotting away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom