225hp 1HD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ran into a boat builder the other day who has a 1HD to go into a 7.6m aluminium boat he's building.
It's driving a big locally built water jet and has been dyno'd at 225hp.
Being a boat motor it's got a big air/water intercooler and even bigger exhaust, other mods are unknown but it comes with a 100 hour warranty.

Yanmar have marinised and sell a 300hp 1HDFT. i have been fishing in north QLD in a boat that ran 2 of these, at idle it sounds like 2 80 series cruisers;)

Very nice, would like to hear that, 225 and 300 at the flywheel I'm assuming.

Very nice, would like to hear that, 225 and 300 at the flywheel I'm assuming.

Yes, this one runs a short (like 200mm) driveshaft to the jet unit.
It saves all the fudge factors normally used to calculate flywheel power from wheel power.
The boat builder still has his reservations as his usual boats are much smaller and fitted with more horsepower, so we'll see how it turns out.

and the torque numbers are .?

Sure as well impresive as the HP numbers .. same rods, pistons and head .?

How much it's boosting .?

having seen the yanmar 6lp-stzp(315 Hp) motor at a boat show, its a toyota, yes, but not much more than the block is toyota on the higher horsepower ones...

Apparently the crank, cam, head, etc is all yanmar now. I dont think its a toyota head on the later ones, since the exhaust and intake are on the same side??? The lower horsepower models do have toyota heads IIRC.

There is ALOT to be said for salt water aftercoolers in terms of power for a diesel. nothing like an unlimited source of 65-75 degree water to cool the intake charge in the aftercooler... Nevermind the fact that the emissions restrictions arent a factor nearly to the same degree...

Cummins has a fully waranteed 8.0L marine QSM11 thats about 715 HP. that would roughly equate to a 375 HP 1HD-T in yanmar trim... Wow!

and the torque numbers are .?

Sure as well impresive as the HP numbers .. same rods, pistons and head .?

How much it's boosting .?

Unfortunately the boat builder didn't have any more info on torque or rpm. The engine was still mostly wrapped up on it's pallet and all I could see was covered in a lot of blue paint.
It's an older engine that's been locally rebuilt, not the new yanmar.

I'll try to find out more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom