Speaking of Trxus M/Ts.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I can get my hands on 3 285/75/16 Trxus M/Ts for $20 each. Yes thats right, only 3. They have about 15000 miles on them. At what point does trying to match tread depth on a fourth tire become a real concern?

Clint-

Thanks for the input Chad. You think I could get away with buying one brand spankin new and throwing it on there? That would make this decision much easier....

Clint-

Run two of the on the same axle and use the 3rd for your spare. Buy two new and then rotate out 2 of them about every 25K miles.

Run two of the on the same axle and use the 3rd for your spare. Buy two new and then rotate out 2 of them about every 25K miles.

Ooohhhhh...I like this idea. Would the two new ones be better suited on the front or the rear?

Put the new ones up front for starters since fronts wear faster.

the new tires are a good idea but I would run them diagonally so that both drive shafts turn at similar speeds. Eventually the new ones will equal out to the other two.

don't think that would cause a tire pull situation?

I don't think so if the axle isa set up correctly.

Aside from an ARB, the truck is bone stock. Is that what you meant by "set up correctly"?

Aside from an ARB, the truck is bone stock. Is that what you meant by "set up correctly"?

yes, some people will lift their trucks and not correct the alignment correctly and then the smallest of variances will effect driveability. If you had issues with them diagonally you can always try another configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom