Sleeping bag help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need help I need to fing the smallest (compact adult size) sleeping bag I can find.I need a mat also
I have joined the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in SF and
we need to bring our own sleeping bag but we have many restrictions on what we can bring to the site.
it'll be in San Francisco near the marina and in Mid July. I need 8-10 of these so maybe bulk order.

Any recommendation would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Link to my Walk page

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer:

Last edited:
Do you want a small packed size or a bag for a small person?

In general down will pack smaller than any other fill material for the same insulation value, but it also cost the most.

Most of the better bag manufacturers will offer womens and children's sizes in bags.

Mark Twain said:
The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
(Snopes say's Mark twain never said this but in my experience it is true.)

I'm looking for a small packed bag for normal sized adult.
sorry for the mix up.
I type way to fast and think way to slow
No problem. Is this like a one shot deal? ie you don't need anything that will hold up over the long term? I assume so, just go for a low price. They won't hold up but who cares?

I would look at mummy bags rated for +15 or less, with a hollofill insulation. All bags in that category should pack to about 8-10" diameter and 12 - 18" long.

Sierra Trading Post

Sportsmans Guide

Campmor

You might consider just a fleece liner. They are good down to about 50 degree and roll up like a spare blanket in the car.
33x75 will fit most under 6ft. You can get them for about $10. each. Doesn't help much for padding, but you can add a closed cell foam pad for about $7. An egg-create style can run around $16.

You might consider just a fleece liner. They are good down to about 50 degree and roll up like a spare blanket in the car.
33x75 will fit most under 6ft. You can get them for about $10. each. Doesn't help much for padding, but you can add a closed cell foam pad for about $7. An egg-create style can run around $16.
I don't think that will be warm enough for the conditions/area. SF can be friggin cold in the summer, especially near the waterfront.

I don't think that will be warm enough for the conditions/area. SF can be friggin cold in the summer, especially near the waterfront.

And friggin wet too. Dew is a killer there.

If you're not in it for the long haul, I'd buy inexpensive bags from Costco or Wal-Mart. Down is the lightest, but expensive and subject to water compromise. Synthetic isn't as succeptable to water and is substantially less pricey.

If you're not in it for the long haul, I'd buy inexpensive bags from Costco or Wal-Mart. Down is the lightest, but expensive and subject to water compromise. Synthetic isn't as succeptable to water and is substantially less pricey.

Ditton on Wal-Mart. They have many cheap bags ($20-$40) that should be fine if you aren't a hardcore camper.

Search results for sleeping bag - Wal-mart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom