Anyone Install The Arb Rack With Tent? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.photos.moore4x4.com
Has anyone installed the ARB Roof Rack # 3800020 with tent #ARB101US? I know this will probably kill my MPG, but if I was wottied about that, then I shouldn't be in a 4wd anyways. Just curious about the pros and cons of these items? Thanks for your input...

i haven't done it yet, but have been looking into it. i am still toying with the idea of building my own rack with the same specs as ARB. the good thing about the tent is that is can come off when you are not using it. so technically you will only get worse than usual gas milage when your on a trip using the tent.

Dominic installed the ARB rack with the Simpson ARB tent.
Show me your roof top tents - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

The square type soft top tents may reduce your MPG, but my Maggiolina I just put on a month back actually increased my MPG by about 1 to 1.5 MPG.
Weird, must have something to do with the shape of it.

Thanks for the info Corey. I will probably be stealing a lot of ideas that you have done to modify your FJ. I'm looking forward to my new project, when it finally gets here:rolleyes:

Cool, I see by your sig it should be here soon.
The last week is the hardest waiting for it to come in.
I ordered mine in early March of '06, and I did not get it until July 24th 2006.
Dealer made a slight mistake when ordering it, so it delayed it almost a month.
That was hard waiting for it to come in.

I will have a "real world" test of my Maggiolina AirLand and other camping gear I have been hording up on for the past month over the Memorial Day weekend.

Will be testing out lots of stuff, and I will be posting a write-up on four sites.
It will be in the camping section on this site.

I just found that section here a few months back.
Lots of good info in there.

I ordered mine in early March of '06, and I did not get it until July 24th 2006.

I couldn't agree more. I ordered the same month, but luckly I got mine a month earlier than you!! It felt like a year!

Currently waiting at my house for install on FJ:

ARB Front, Rear, Roof Rack, Snorkel, OME Lift, Kenwood DNX7100 Head unit with all the goodies, Roof top Tent, LED rear lights, LED front corner lenses, IPF HID's for front bumper, HID's for headlights.
I am getting so anxious:bounce::bounce2: and the best part I have the Gunmetal Grey wheels from my past FJ. I really don't like the flat black one that come on this edition. Needless to say I have a lot to do and want to do it right! Glad my girl is going to upstate NY for a week, cause I'll be spending my time with my other love...

P.S. I will have a lot of OEM FJ parts for sale after this....

Last edited:
where have you guys found the best deal? for the rack, mounts and tent? what are we looking at shelling out, just for the parts?

Last edited:

I will have a "real world" test of my Maggiolina AirLand and other camping gear I have been hording up on for the past month over the Memorial Day weekend.

Will be testing out lots of stuff, and I will be posting a write-up on four sites.
It will be in the camping section on this site.

I just found that section here a few months back.
Lots of good info in there.

Corey,

Be sure to let us know how it works out.

I've been watching you build on the other boards and your website for some time now. Really sharp. :cool:

I spent about 6 months in WA last year. I was kind of socked into Federal Way for a lot of the time and I'm pretty sure I saw your rig running around out that way. There are a bunch of FJ's out there.

I'll be back out that way later this year, I'll drive the FJC because there are some really great places I want to see out there. Including the great seashore in Washington.

Keep up the good work.

Currently waiting at my house for install on FJ:

ARB Front, Rear, Roof Rack, Snorkel, OME Lift, Kenwood DNX7100 Head unit with all the goodies, Roof top Tent, LED rear lights, LED front corner lenses, IPF HID's for front bumper, HID's for headlights.
I am getting so anxious:bounce::bounce2: and the best part I have the Gunmetal Grey wheels from my past FJ. I really don't like the flat black one that come on this edition. Needless to say I have a lot to do and want to do it right! Glad my girl is going to upstate NY for a week, cause I'll be spending my time with my other love...

P.S. I will have a lot of OEM FJ parts for sale after this....

LTD-

Be sure to post some photos of this thing as you're working on it.

It sounds like it is gonna turn out really good! :cool:

Corey,

Be sure to let us know how it works out.

I've been watching you build on the other boards and your website for some time now. Really sharp. :cool:

I spent about 6 months in WA last year. I was kind of socked into Federal Way for a lot of the time and I'm pretty sure I saw your rig running around out that way. There are a bunch of FJ's out there.

I'll be back out that way later this year, I'll drive the FJC because there are some really great places I want to see out there. Including the great seashore in Washington.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks Eric, I like keeping a running log on the forums and my personal site of the build-up.

Yes, there are a ton of FJs out this way.
A good friend of mine lives in Federal Way, so it is possible you saw my rig when I was heading up to his place.

The down comforter is going into the tent this weekend, my new one for my bed arrived yesterday, (same as the one for the RTT but bigger) so the rig will be getting packed before to long for the holiday.

Absolutely freakin love this thing..

ARB Touring Rack & Tent INSTALL - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

http://api.photoshop.com/home_93bbe...be-px-assets/7efaa995972545f1a7c85d5a3d01d43f

100_1128.jpg

Absolutely freakin love this thing..

Hey Dominic,

I just received 7 boxes from ARB and will be installing the roof rack, tent, awning and other expedition stuff on Sunday.

Any tips / problems on the install you can provide?

Hope to wheel with you again on the left coast.

-Ben

Finally Installed

Well think I'm done with the FJC for a while. Since the last post I added the rack, tent and Cobra 25WXNWST CB. The tent seems real nice, should be for the price, hopefully will be able to use it soon. Have to go out of the country for work:mad:. Will take better pics then, but for now some driveway photos...
Tent open mud.JPG
Tent Rear open mud.JPG
Tent closed Mud.JPG

Well it went up easier than expected. I did it at a local Toyota dealership who allowed me space to work on it. When it was up there was a line of service tech's that wanted to check it out.

DSCN5588.jpg

-Ben

I saw the extensive writeup on ExPo. Nice price BTW.

The Bruisers have a very good relationship with several local Toyota dealerships (Thompson, Darcars, 355, Koons, and mostly Steven Toyota). They had a large receiving bay, an ARB account (discounts), and the space to put it all on.

Lucky me,

-Ben

Last edited:
Like how much is that?

Tent and Roof Rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom